"NTA (National Testing Agency) authorities will close the online application window for the UGC NET 2021 on 5 September 2021."
NTA (National Testing Agency) officials will close the application window for the UGC NET June session on 5 September 2021. Earlier, officials opened the application window on 10 August 2021. Hence, candidates can still register for the entrance exam wholly online until the deadline on the official website, ugcnet.nta.nic.in. Afterwards, the board will close the application fee payment facility on 6 September 2021.
In addition, the December 2020 session of the University Grants Commission NET will also take place at the same time as the June 2021 session. The board had cancelled the December examination last year due to COVID-19 concerns. Thus, candidates who were unable to write the UGC NET in 2020 can now take part in the upcoming assessment.
The board has advised candidates to go through the eligibility guidelines and instructions available online thoroughly before proceeding to the application process. Furthermore, applicants should have the necessary documents on hand before registering. The UGC NET 2021 will take place in an offline testing mode from 6 to 11 October 2021.
Steps to Apply for UGC NET 2021
The application window for the UGC NET 2021 exam will be available online until 5 September. Hence, candidates can follow the given steps to apply for the entrance test.
- Go to the official website – ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Then, select the “UGC NET 2021 apply online” link available on the homepage
- Register for the portal by providing basic candidate details such as email address, mobile number, and full name.
- Then, log in with the application number sent to the registered mobile number.
- Fill out the application form with academic, personal, and communication details.
- Then upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee through online means.
- Verify and submit the registration form.
- Finally, save the application for future reference.