"Railway Recruitment Boards will release the RRB NTPC 2022 exam city intimation slip for Computer Based Typing Skill Test (CBTST) on 3 August."
RRB NTPC 2022 Exam: Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) will release the RRB NTPC exam city intimation slip for Computer Based Typing Skill Test (CBTST) on 3 August 2022. To download the city intimation slip for Typing Skill test, candidates need to enter their user ID and password on the official website, i.e., www.rrbcdg.gov.in.
Railway Recruitment Board intimation slip displays exam details like exam city, state, exam date and time, reporting time, shift, etc. RRB will conduct the NTPC Computer Based Typing Skill Test (CBTST) on 12 August 2022.
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test Instructions
Below mentioned are the instructions related to RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test –
- The candidates have to type at least 300 words in English or 250 words in Hindi.
- The candidates must type in English or Hindi, as per their selected option, on RRB websites. English will be the Typing Language for those who have not exercised their option. While, candidates who have opted for Hindi for Typing Test must be familiar with using Krutidev or Mangal font.
- This skill test determines the speed; candidates who have completed the passage can retype the passage from the beginning within the duration of the test, i.e., 10 minutes. Candidates will be disqualified if they do not type the whole passage at least once in 10 minutes.
- The evaluator will not evaluate the transcripts of candidates who do not type 300 words in English or 250 words in Hindi within the prescribed time.
- The evaluator will evaluate the passage typed by the candidate as follows:
- The mistakes will be classified as full mistakes and half mistakes.
- Authorities will ignore the 5% mistakes of the total words typed.
- Accordingly, authorities will calculate the total number of mistakes as under:
- No. of full mistakes + No. of half mistakes/2 = Total Mistakes
- Number of mistakes – 5% of the total number of words typed = Final count of mistakes
- The following formula will work out the typing speed of the candidate:
- Typing Speed= No. of total words typed – (Final count of mistake x 10)/Time.
- For example: If a candidate types a total number of 400 words in 10 minutes and commits 10 final counts of mistakes, his speed would be worked out as follows: 400-(10×10)/10= 300/10 = 30 w.p.m
- The minimum speed should be 30 words per minute in English and 25 words per minute in Hindi.
The NTPC typing skill test is conducted for Level 2 & 5 posts. The candidate has to type at least 300 words in English or 250 words in Hindi. The exam session consists of three parts –
- Typing practice for one minute to warm up & familiarize yourself with the keyboard.
- Break of 30 seconds.
- Typing Test for 10 minutes which conducting authorities will evaluate.