"IIT Kharagpur authorities have opened the JEE Advanced 2021 examination registration facility for foreign national candidates online."
IIT Kharagpur authorities have opened the JEE Advanced exam registration facility for foreign nationals only. Thus, interested candidates can now register for the entrance test on the official website, jeeadv.ac.in, until 16 September 2021. The IIT JEE Advanced 2021 will take place in an offline computer-based testing mode on 3 October 2021. University officials had postponed the exam from its initial date of 3 July 2021.
The Advanced Joint Entrance Examination is a national-level entrance exam overseen by IIT Kharagpur. The annual assessment facilitates engineering admissions to Bachelor’s, Dual degree, and Integrated Master’s programmes offered by 23 IITs. Candidates must first obtain qualifying scores in the JEE Main to write the JEE Advanced. After the exam, JoSAA will begin conducting the seat allotment process. Before starting the registration process, candidates must have scanned copies of the following documents on hand.
- Candidate’s passport-sized photograph and signature
- Photo ID proof
- Citizenship certificate or passport
- Class 12 mark sheets
- Birth certificate (for age proof)
- Testimonial (if necessary)
Steps to Apply for JEE Advanced 2021
Foreign nationals can now register online for the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced). Thus, interested candidates can follow the instructions given below to apply for the entrance test.
- Go to the official website – jeeadv.ac.in
- Then, select the “Register for JEE Advanced 2021” button available on the home page.
- Click on the “direct registration” link to proceed.
- Afterwards, the website will display a registration portal.
- Register by providing basic candidate information.
- Then, log in with the user credentials sent to the registered email address.
- Fill out the exam application form.
- Then, upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the necessary application fees through online means. Candidates from SAARC countries should pay a fee of USD 75. Meanwhile, applicants from non-SAARC countries must pay a USD 150 registration fee.
- Finally, verify and submit the registration form.
In addition, the JEE Advanced 2020 could not take place last year due to COVID-19 restrictions. Thus, students who did not take last year’s assessment will be eligible for this year’s exam. However, officials will not conduct examinations outside of India this year due to the pandemic. Therefore, candidates must write the exam in a testing location within the country. Additionally, the application forms for Indian candidates will be available from 11 September 2021 onwards.