IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Kharagpur officials plan to conclude registration for the GATE 2022 today, 28 September 2021. Previously, the university scheduled the application window to close on 24 September but extended the deadline later. Therefore, interested and eligible candidates can still apply for the entrance exam without late fees by the end of the day. Due to COVID-19 concerns, the application facility will be available entirely online on the official website, gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
Officials will conduct the national-level entrance test on 5, 6, 12, and 13 February 2022. After the deadline, aspirants can still register with an additional late fee. Exam board officials have advised applicants to have all the necessary documents on hand before beginning the registration process.
Steps to Complete GATE 2022 Registration
Application forms for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering are still available online. Therefore, candidates can refer to the following guidelines to register for the assessment before the deadline.
- Go to the official website – gate.iitkgp.ac.in
- Then, select the “Apply Online” link available on the right side of the home page.
- Click on the “Register Here” tab.
- Then, register for the portal by providing basic details such as name, mobile number, and email address.
- Afterwards, log in using the given user credentials.
- Fill out the application form with academic, personal, and communication details.
- Then, upload the necessary documents in the stated format.
- Complete the registration fee payment process through online means.
- Finally, verify and submit the application form.