"CDS 1 2021 final cut-offs are out on the official website. Earlier, UPSC had released the final result for OTA CDS 1 on 21 March 2022."
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the cut-off marks for Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) 1 2021 on 23 March 2022. The cut-off marks for the written exam are calculated based on the minimum qualifying marks and the aggregate marks of the last qualifying candidate. Additionally, the minimum qualifying marks for each subject were 20%. Previously, UPSC had released the final result for Officers Training Academy (OTA) CDS 1 on 21 March 2022.
CDS 1 2021 Cut-off Marks
Authorities have released the cut-off scores for CDS 1 2021. Thus, candidates must go through the marks given below.
(Aggregate marks of last qualified candidate)
(Marks of last recommended candidate)
Read More: UPSC CDS 1 2022 Admit Cards Released
About the Exam
UPSC conducts CDS twice every year for the recruitment of candidates into the Indian Naval Academy (INA), Indian Military Academy (IMA), Air Force Academy (AFA), and Officer’s Training Academy (OTA). Therefore, candidates who are passionate about the Indian army and aim to serve the nation must apply for the CDS exam. Moreover, the selection process is based on a written exam and an SSB interview. The shortlisted candidates are placed at the academies of their preference. The CDS exam for IMA, INA, AFA is divided into three sections except for OTA, which is divided into two sections. Candidates must visit the official website of UPSC to know about the exam pattern.
Students must be aware of the minimum eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
- A candidate must be either: (i) a Citizen of India, or (ii) a subject of Nepal, or (iii) a person of Indian origin who has migrated and is permanently settled in India.
- For IMA and OTA, candidates must have a degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Meanwhile, for, INA candidates must have a degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- For AFA, candidates must have a degree from a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.