"The BITSAT 2022 Test Centre allotment will start tomorrow, June 15. Check important details like dates and eligibility criteria here."
The BITSAT 2022 test centre allotment process will start tomorrow, June 15. Applicants should visit the website early and book their preferred slot & date. Delaying the process may result in not getting one’s preferred date and timings for the exam.
If a candidate does not book their slot during the mentioned period, the system will do it automatically per their preferences. Mentioned below is the list of important dates, eligibility criteria and exam highlights.
BITSAT 2022: Important Dates & Events
Before the BITSAT 2022 Test Centre allotment starts, students must note the important events for this year’s test. Mentioned below are the essential events and their dates with respect to the exam.
|BITSAT 2022 Events||Dates|
|Deadline for applying for BITSAT 2022 for Session I||June 12|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||June 15|
|Window for candidates to reserve test date and slot.||June 17 to 22|
|Admit card becomes available||June 25|
|BITSAT-2022 Test Session-I||July 2 to 9|
|Deadline for applying for BITSAT 2022 for Session II||July 4 to 20|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||July 23|
|Window for candidates to reserve test date and slot.||July 26 to 30|
|Admit card becomes available||July 31|
|BITSAT-2022 Test Session-II||August 3 to 7|
|Window for applying with 12th marks and preferences||July 15 to August 31|
|Window for editing preferences||September 1 to 5|
|Admit list & wait list announcement after Iteration I||September 8|
Here are some essential points regarding BITSAT:
- The administration conducts this test in May every year pan India.
- The candidates attempt the paper in a computer-based mode.
- Candidates have the facility to check their scores immediately after completing the test. They can even take a printout of their score a day after the exam for any further use.
- The test has questions based on Physics, Chemistry, English proficiency, logical reasoning and Maths/Biology and runs for 3 hours.
- All questions are of objective type.
- The authorities issue a sample test from March-April every year for practice purposes.
The eligibility criteria are further described below:
- Only those students appearing for class 12th exams in 2022 or who passed 12th in 2021 are eligible for qualifying through BITSAT 2022.
- Students presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible.
- For admission to any first-degree program except B.Pharm, the candidate must have passed the 12th exams. They must have done so from a recognised central or state board with Physics, Chemistry and Maths, with adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm, the candidate must have passed the 12th exams. He must have done so from a recognised central or state board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, with adequate proficiency in English.
- The candidate must have scored at least 75% marks (in PCB for B.Pharm and PCM for other programs).
- Also, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology.