Web Designing Courses after 12th
In this era of the Internet, Web Designing courses have gained a lot of attention from the students and graduates. The point that attracts people is that web designing can be learnt in a short duration of three months and mastered in 6 months. Some learn web designing to create their own blogs; Some learn it to develop their own websites, some want to earn money by working as a freelancer in this field, and so on.
What is Web Designing?
Web designing consists of many skills and techniques used in the maintenance and production of Internet sites. The various areas are net style, net graphic style, interface style, authoring, as well as standardized code and proprietary computer code, user computer code, user expertise style and computer program optimization. Developing these skills can help you create websites that are feasible and work without any obstacles and also function on various gadgets like mobile phones, personal computers, and tablets.
The net style is a kind of complicated and discouraging, however with the event of the net and technology, net style overflow than ever before these days. Hence, turning into an online designer has become the most trendy among young designers. Net designers use a range of tools betting on what a part of the assembly method they're concerned in. These tools are updated over time by newer standards and software systems. However, the principles behind them remain the same.
In the article, "Web Designing Courses after 12th" we have covered all the details in the table of content, and the readers can directly jump to any of the articles by clicking them
- Web Designing Courses
- Eligibility for Web Designing Course
- Career in Web Designing
- Responsibilities of a Web Designer
- Top Web Designing Institutes in India
- Salary for a Web Designer in India
Web Designing Courses
Students can opt for the following degrees from the colleges mentioned below.
Bachelor's in Web Design
In bachelor's degree programs in web design, students study topics such as website construction, object-oriented programming and graphics. Programs that teach web design within the broader structure of a graphic or communication degree will probably offer courses in both print-based and Web-based design.
Besides classroom and hands-on instruction in design fundamentals, this program also emphasizes the legal aspects of web design, such as copyright, intellectual property and ethical standards. Students may receive training in areas such as analytics and AdWords.
The duration of the course is basically 3 years, which may vary from institute to institute.
Diploma in Web Designing
Diploma in Web Designing is a 1 or 2-year diploma course, that can be pursued after the successful completion of the 10+2 level of education from a recognized educational Board, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
Certification in Web Designing
Students can opt for online certification courses which are listed below
- Web Design for Everybody (Basics of Web Development and Coding)
- Web Design: Strategy and Information Architecture
- Web design: Wireframes to prototypes
- Responsive Web Design
- Introduction to HTML5
- Responsive Web Design Fundamentals
- Web Designing Schools
- Front-End Web Developer
- Intro to HTML and CSS
Advanced Styling with Responsive Design
This course is an extension of the basic knowledge of CSS3. Topics like the fluid design, media queries, wireframes, and the use of existing styling paradigms such as Bootstrap comes in this course. On completion of the course, students will be able to give a better explanation of the mobile-first paradigm and the importance of wireframes in the design phase, Sites that behave across a range of platforms can be created and utilize an existing design framework such as Bootstrap
Graphics, Web Design, and Development
This course includes:
- Design & Visualization Fundamentals
- Search Engine Optimization and Web Analytics
- Graphics & Illustration Fundamentals
- Content Management System
- Essentials of Web Designing
- Design & Development using Programming Language
- UI / UX for Responsive Design
- Developing Interactive Web Pages
- Typography Techniques
- Designing for Web using Markup Language & Style sheets
- Illustrations for Web
- Web Animation & Interactivity
- Creating Artworks
- Layout Design
Eligibility for Web Designing Course
The eligibility criteria for being a Web Designer is listed below
- The candidate after completion of his/her 10+2 should complete a Bachelor's Degree in Web Designing
- Minimum age to work in organized sector is 18 years and maximum age is from 25 to 40 years depending upon the experience and quality of work and the organization in which one is applying as web developers and graphic designer
- The educational qualification is required to be a web designer except for basic artistic skills and some basic web page designing tools like HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver and Frontpage, to name a few along with a passion for web designing but to work with a reputed organization one should preferably have a degree or diploma in Web Designing. However, higher the qualification and more the work experience of the web designer wider will be the scope for him to get the work in various organizations of repute.
Career in Web Designing
Web design and development as a whole is expected to see a 27% increase in demand from 2014 through at least 2022. This is nearly 4 times high as the anticipated demand for all types of occupations combined. The biggest factor behind this growth rate is the increasing use of mobile devices and tablets. More people are able to access websites through smartphones and tablets, and this has led to an increase in the competition. Employment in the fields of study related to this occupation has exploded. This will probably result in a very significant number of graduates over the next few years and could lead to a decrease in employment opportunities. The growth for the profession of a web designer is expected to grow by 13 per cent and if you have additional skills e.g Web development, then you can expect even better growth. Creative skills, a bit of experience and a strong portfolio of work can get you a job of liking and help to become a successful name in the field of web designers.
Web Designer Job Description
First few years of a web designer will be invested in learning and developing skills as it is a multi-faceted job. This may take two to three years, at which point you could be promoted to senior designer. After knowing your strengths and weaknesses you might be assigned with the responsibility for large-value projects, usability, leading project teams, managing high-profile clients, consulting or even become a director of the company. As many people are showing interest in this field, the age of retirement will be less than average. The demand for the job is increasing, but the number of openings is limited.
If you feel that you would rather concentrate on the creative aspect of web design, you could specialize in areas such as
- Graphic Design
- User interface design
- Interactive design
- Front-end Development
- Information Architecture
- UX Designer
- UX Researcher
- Web Content Manager and so on.
Web Designer Jobs
Few of the jobs a web designer can apply for are
- Web Publications Specialist
- Website Designer
- Game Designer
- Graphic Artist
- Media Integration Specialist
- Image processing
Responsibilities of a Web Designer
The duty of a web designer will vary from organization to organization, however, the general responsibilities every web designer has to fulfil are:
- Arranging the meetings with the clients and understanding their requirements
- Analyzing the website specifications
- Sample page layouts with various fonts and colours should be designed
- Manipulating photographs, animation and designing graphics
- Organizing the website that will be hosted and registering the domains
- Presenting the clients with sample website
- Using different software to do the coding
- Working with different content management systems
- Ensuring all legal specifications, such as freedom of information and privacy and accessibility standards are fulfilled
- The designs or the visual imagery created should be in line with the company's branding policy and must meet the requirements of the client.
- Proofreading and making changes in the project should be done by a web designer
- Work like re-designing web pages, debugging code, and editing content
- Referring to other web-specialists
Top Web Designing Institutes in India
Here is the list of best web designing institutes in India
Zuan Education, Chennai
WebHopers Academy for Web Designing and Web Development, Chandigarh
Symbiosis Institute of Web Design, Pune
Zee Institute of Creative Arts, Mumbai
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
Management and Design Academy, New Delhi
Aditya College of Design Studies, Mumbai
Image Institute of Digital University, Tamil Nadu
Winsoft Computer Centre, Punjab
Karmick Institute, Kolkata
Compufield Computer Institute, Mumbai
Cybertron Network Solutions, Delhi
Salary for a Web Designer in India
Salary for a web designer varies as per their experience. If a person chooses to work for him or herself, the money earned will be determined by the amount of money charged for services as well as the number of clients the person works for. Educational qualifications, experience, geographical location, and industry all play a part in how much a web designer can expect to earn. The payroll for various level of experience in Web Designing is listed as per the source from PayScale
|Job Description||Level of Experience||Avg.Salary|
|Entry level web designer||< 1 year||INR 191,854|
|Early career web designer||1-4 years||INR 254,907|
|Mid-career web designer||5-9 years||INR 430,145|
|Experienced web designer||10-19 years||INR 695,376|