The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the UGC NET Hall Tickets on May 28, 2019, for the June Session of the Exam. It is only available in the online mode. This hall ticket is the most important document the candidates should possess on the day of the examination.
Read through this article to read about exam day instructions and the importance of admit card for the exam.
The University Grants Commission's National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is the national level exam that is conducted to find the most eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor.
Until recently, the CBSE board had conducted the exam across the country. But from December of 2018, the UGC NET, is conducted by the autonomous organization - NTA. The Hall Tickets are generally released on the official website of NTA. One must understand that the admit card will not be sent personally via mail or by post.
The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to them satisfying the eligibility conditions. The admit card was made available for download from May 28, 2019, on the NTA official website.
How to Download the UGC NET Admit Card?
Follow the steps given below to download the UGC NET Admit Card from the official website.
- Step 1: Go to the official web portal of NTA and navigate to the 'Download NET Admit Card' present on the bottom of the Homepage.
- Step 2: Click on the 'UGC NET Admit Card' link.
- Step 3: Enter the issued Application Number and Date of Birth along with the displayed captcha and then click on 'Submit'.
- Step 4: The Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: Check the details on the admit card and download it.
After downloading the admit card take at least 4 printouts. In case the candidate has forgotten the password or the application number, it can be recovered by answering the security question. The other methods to reset the password are by receiving the verification code on the registered mobile number via SMS or through a direct link received via email on the registered email ID.
Unable to download the hall ticket?
There are some cases, due to some factors, where candidates are unable to download the Admit Card. Some of the major reasons for the failure are:
- Photograph and Signature not clear: If the photograph and/or signature are either not clear or blurry then the candidate's application would be rejected.
- Incomplete Applications: The official website of NTA states that NET admit cards will not be issued to candidates whose applications are found to be incomplete due to any reason
- Non-fulfillment of eligibility criteria: Admit card will also not be issued to candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria for the UGC NET exam. Regarding the same, the official website states, “Issue of Admit Cards, however, shall not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility which shall be further scrutinized at subsequent stages of the admission process
- Incorrect credentials: In case, candidates forget their login credentials, they will not be able to download the admit card. In such a situation, candidates need to click on the 'I can’t access my account' link in the admit card download window, which will help in the regeneration of the credentials.
- Slow or unavailability of internet service: In case of no or slow internet, candidates will not be able to download the admit card. Therefore, candidates are advised to ensure a strong internet connection before downloading the admit card.
Details on Hall Ticket
The list of particulars that are present in the hall ticket are:
- Exam Venue
- Subject Code
- Candidate's Name
- Father's Name
- Candidate's Address
- Candidate's Gender and Category
- Email ID
- Test Day and Date
- Application Number
- Exam Timings
- Exam Day Important Instructions.
Discrepancies in Admit Card
The first thing that all the candidates must do after accessing the Admit Card is to check the details present on the Admit Card. It is very important because any wrong information printed on the Admit Card might lead to the cancellation of candidature for that particular candidate.
If the candidates find any information missing or wrongly written then it must be immediately reported to the concerned authorities as soon as possible. Any such discrepancy must be removed without further delay and under the supervision of the authorities responsible for making the changes.
What to carry along with your Hall Ticket?
Candidates need to carry the below-mentioned documents to the exam center along with the printed copy of admit card:
- One passport size photo (same as the one that is uploaded on the application form). It is to be pasted on the attendance sheet at the exam center.
- One original authorised photo ID (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ Aadhaar Enrolment No./ Ration Card)
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority (for claiming relaxation under PwD category).
Important Instructions for Hall Ticket
Some of the important instructions regarding the admit card are given below:
- Remember to verify the details mentioned on the admit card as soon as you get access to it.
- Apart from the online mode, you cannot access the admit card through any other means.
- It is mandatory for you to carry the Admit Card to the examination venue, as no candidate will be allowed without the Admit Card.
- Take a print out of the admit card on A4 sheets and carry that hard cory to the examination center.
- It is also mandatory for you to produce an Identity Proof along with your Admit Card to the exam venue. You might be restricted from appearing in the examination if you fail to produce your ID Proof.
- If the Admit Card is not in a good condition then your entry to the examination hall might also be restricted. So make sure to safeguard it.
Exam Day Instructions
The important instructions for the candidates to follow on the exam day are given on the admit card. They are as follows:
- Do not forget to carry the admit card along with other prescribed documents
- Appear for UGC NET only at the exam center mentioned in the admit card
- Appear for UGC NET only as per the date, shift and time mentioned on the admit card
- Do not to carry a mobile phone, calculator or any other gadget to the exam hall
- Do not carry any eatables or water bottles to the test center.
Candidates need to follow the instructions given on the admit card completely, to avoid any kind of discrepancies on the day of the exam.
Self-belief and hard work will take you to achieve the desired score and crack this exam. Best Wishes!