The Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme is issued to strengthen the dependent children and widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) and State Police Personnel in getting higher professional and technical education. The scholarship was launched in the year 2006-07 and has inspired a number of students to chase and shape their career.
In this article, you will be getting all-round details of The Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020 such as eligibility criteria, important dates, the application process, rewards and selection criteria. This scholarship is initiated and run by the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
PM Scholarship Quick Links
- Prime Minister Scholarship Important Dates and Details
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme Eligibility
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme Online Registration
- Prime Minister Scholarship Rewards and Selection Criteria
PM Scholarship Important Dates and Details
|Online Registration/ Filling of Application Form Starts||16th August 2020|
|Last date to submit an online application||31 October 2020|
|Last date for verification of defective applications||15 November 2020|
|Last date for institute verification||15 November 2020|
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme Eligibility
In this section, we will be explaining the various eligibility criteria, scholarship relevant courses and key elements put forward by the executive committee on behalf of the PM scholarship 2020.
- The candidate has to be a dependent ward/widow of deceased CAPFs & AR/ Ex-CAPFs & AR/ retired and serving CAPFs & AR/ State Police Personnel.
- The candidate must have a minimum education qualification of class 12/ diploma/ graduation.
- The applicants should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks or above in the previous qualifying examination to get eligible.
- Children of State Police officials who are/were martyred during combat or serving in duty during Naxal/terror attack are also qualified for this scholarship.
Eligible Courses for PM Scholarship 2020
- Engineering Courses: BTech, BE, BArch
- Medical Courses: MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BSMS, BUMS, BSc, BPT, BSc MLT, BVSc & AH, B.Pharma, BSc Nursing, BNYS, Doctor of Pharmacy, BSc Optometry, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Management Courses: MBA, BBA, BBM, BCA, MCA, BPlan
- Other Professional Courses: BSc Agriculture, BFSc/B.Fisheries, BSc Horticulture, Coy Secretary, BSc Bio-Tech, B.Ed, BMC, Hotel Management Degree, BPEd, BASLP, BFT, BSc Microbiology, BSc HHA, LLB, Bachelor of Elementary Education, BFA, BFD, BA LLB
How to Apply for PMSS Scholarship?
In this section, you will be able to understand the steps that should be followed to apply for the PM Scholarship. The application process is online and it is done through the National Scholarship Portal.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020 Online Registration
Step 1 Registration on NSP
- Candidates should visit the official website of NSP.
- He/She should click on “New Registration” and go through the guidelines thoroughly.
- After going through the guidelines fill in all required details. and click on “Register”.
Step 2: Complete the application
- Candidates should log in to the portal using application id and password received on your registered mobile number.
- He/She will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number for successful login.
- The applicant should verify the OTP and change the password.
- Once the applicant is logged in, fill in the scholarship application form and upload the scanned copy of all supporting documents.
- Candidates can submit the application if everything is done right.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020 – Documents Required
The scholarship is granted as the selection committee verifies all the documents, and it is a disciplined and vital procedure. The candidate should have the documents self-attested before uploading. The candidate should prepare scanned copies of Here is the list of various forms that are required for the application process.
- The applicant should have a serving certificate (in case of serving personnel) issued by HOO
- During the uploading time, the applicant should be able to produce a certificate issued by the concerned state government showing that Naxal /Terror attacks were the cause of death of the State Police personnel.
- Class 12th mark sheet, Graduation mark sheet (for all years) or diploma mark sheets (for all semesters)
- The candidate should have a PPO/Discharge Certificate/Book (Mandatory for Category A to F)
- A copy of Death Certificate (Applicable for deceased personnel)
- A copy of Disability Certificate (Applicable for disabled personnel)
- Certificate of Gallantry Award (Applicable for Gallantry Award winners)
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020 for 10th Passed Students - Rewards and Selection Criteria
This section you will be able to learn about the rewards that will be granted through the scholarship scheme. The prize of scholarship given to girls is INR 3,000 per month, and the amount of scholarship given to boys is INR 2,500 per month, which is paid annually. The scholarship duration is one to five years.
- Category A: In this category, the first preference is given to the children and widows of CAPFs & AR personnel who were killed in action.
- Category B: In this category, the second preference is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled in action.
- Category C: In the C category, third preference is given to the children and widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel who died during their service for causes regarded as being caused by Government service.
- Category D: This category is for the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled during their service with disability serving the Government service.
- Category E: The preference is granted to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who have received gallantry awards.
- Category F: This category is applied to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR only)
- Category G: Applied to the wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) subject to the availability of the scholarship.