The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is an online application where the students can register, apply, and receive scholarship amounts offered by the central government, state government, and government agencies (UGC and AICTE). The candidates can use the NSP registration feature to obtain the login credentials. With these login credentials, they can apply for scholarships and track the status. The candidates should fill a standard NSP registration form for all scholarships available on the portal.
Table of Contents:
- NSP Registration
- NSP-Registered Institutes
- NSP Registration Process
- NSP Registration ID and Password
- NSP-Change Password
- NSP-Application Process
- NSP-Recover Registration ID
- NSP-Recover Registration Password
- NSP-Delete NSP Registration
- NSP Features
- Important Links
NSP Registration and Application Process
The NSP portal contains the list of scholarships provided by the government and government agencies. The students should complete the registration procedure before applying for the scholarships. After registration, they will receive an application ID and password on their registered mobile number. The login credentials can be used to apply for scholarships and track the status.
How to Search the Institutes
The students should ensure that their respective institutes are available on the portal before starting the registration process. If the institutes are not registered, the students can request them to register on the portal. They can search for their institutes by following these steps:
Step 1 - Visit the official NSP portal.
Step 2 - Click on 'search for the institute.'
Step 3 - Fill in the details.
Step 4 - Enter the captcha.
Step 5 - The candidates can check the list of registered institutions.
Note: The institutions can register on the portal by clicking here.
NSP Online Registration
The candidates will obtain an application ID and password upon completing the NSP registration. They can use these credentials to apply for their desired scholarships. Mentioned below are the stepwise procedure for NSP portal registration:
Step 1 - Visit the NSP home page.
Step 2 - Click on 'NSP new registration.'
Step 3 - Read the instructions thoroughly.
Step 4 - Tick the boxes at the bottom of the page and click on 'continue.'
Step 5 - The registration form will appear on the screen
Step 6 - Fill in the details on the registration form.
Step 7 - The candidates who are logging in for the first time should enter the OTP sent to their registered mobile number.
Step 8 - Click on 'register.'
Note: The candidates should provide the same details on their documents while filling in the registration form.
How to Get NSP Registration ID and Password
The candidates can log in with their application ID and password. They can follow these simple steps:
Step 1 - Visit the official portal
Step 2 - Click on 'login.'
Step 3 - Fill in the application ID and password.
Step 4 - Enter the captcha and click on 'login.'
Change NSP Password
The candidates who are logging in for the first time should mandatorily change their password after registration. The steps to change the password are as follows:
Step 1 - After completing the login procedure, the candidates will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number
Step 2 - Enter the OTP
Step 3 - Change the password
Step 4 - Click on 'continue.'
How to Apply for NSP Scholarships
The dashboard page will appear after changing the password. The candidates can fill and submit their application form, update the registration details, account details, check the status, take printouts, and change the password on the dashboard page. The application form has three parts. They are:
- Registration details
- Academic details
- Basic details
The students can apply for the scholarships by following these steps:
Step 1 - Click on 'application form' on the dashboard
Step 2 - Fill in the details
Step 3 - Click on 'save & continue'
Step 4 - Enter the contact and scheme details
Step 5 - Upload the required documents
Step 6 - Click on 'save as draft.'
Step 7 - The candidates should carefully check if all the information submitted is correct.
Step 8 - Click on 'final submission.'
Note: The candidate cannot edit any details after clicking on 'final submission.'
Recover NSP Registration ID
The candidates can easily retrieve their NSP registration ID/application ID using their bank account number or registered mobile number. They can follow these steps to recover the NSP registration ID/application ID:
Step 1 - The candidates can click on this link to recover the NSP registration ID
Step 2 - Click on 'search by bank account number' or 'search by registered mobile number.'
Step 3 - Enter the details and click on 'check application.'
Recover NSP Password
The candidates can retrieve the NSP password by following these steps:
Step 1 - The candidates can recover their password by clicking this link
Step 2 - Enter the application ID and captcha
Step 3 - Click on 'next.'
Step 4 - Fill in the details.
Step 5 - Click on 'submit.'
How to Delete NSP Registration
The applicants can remove the NSP registration by following these steps:
Step 1 - Visit the official website
Step 2 - Click on 'login' and select renewal for the current year
Step 3 - Enter the login credentials and click on 'login.'
Step 4 - The candidates should click on 'withdrawal application (for fresh registration)'
Step 5 - Enter the reason for withdrawing the NSP registration form.
Step 6 - Click on 'submit.'
Step 7 - Message confirming the removal of the NSP registration will appear on the screen.
The candidates should keep their documents ready while applying for the scholarships. The papers should be accurate and authenticated. The documents that should be submitted by the candidates are:
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Disability certificate (if required)
- Single girl child certificate issued by the competent authority
- Aadhar number
- Bank passbook (with details of bank number and IFSC code)
- Residential certificate
NSP Registration - Important Features
The national scholarship portal renders various services to the students and educational institutes. The candidates can check for these features on the NSP portal under the 'services' section. These services are explained in brief below:
- NSP 2.0 User Manual: By clicking on this service, the candidates will receive a PowerPoint presentation on NSPP registration and application for the scholarships.
- Scheme Eligibility: The students can check for the eligible schemes to apply by clicking on 'scheme eligibility' under the 'services' section. They can fill in the details and click on 'check eligibility' to know the schemes they are eligible to apply.
- List of Ministry Coordinators: This service provides the name and contact details of the different departments and ministries offering scholarships on the NSP portal
- Scheme Wise State Nodal Officers: The applicants can obtain all the details of the ministries and departments, including the name of the nodal officers and their contact details
- Know Your AISHE Code: The users can obtain the AISHE codes of the registered institutes through this service.
- Get AISHE Code for Your Institute: This service allows the educational institutions to register themselves on the portal by submitting the NSP institute registration form.
- List of Applicants Processed for Scholarships: The users can check the applicants' list for the scholarships using this service.
- Search Nodal Officer Details: The users can find the contact details and address of the nodal officers of the ministry, state, and district departments
- District Nodal Officer Details List: The applicants can find all the details of the district nodal officers using this service
- Institute Operational Manual: The users can find manuals on filling the NSP registration forms, update profiles, and steps to remove AISHE, DISE, NCVT, and SCVT codes of an existing institute from the portal.
The candidates can check the essential links to the NSP in the table below:
|Home Page||Click here|
|Log In||Click here|
|Recover Application ID||Click here|
|Recover Password||Click here|
|Check for Registered Institute||Click here|
|Institute Registration||Click here|
NSP Mobile App
In 2018, the Indian government launched the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) mobile app to make scholarships easily accessible to everyone. The candidates can download the app through their respective app stores or the 'UMANG' app. Therefore, the students can complete the NSP registration, application, and check the scholarships' status at their comfort.
The national scholarship portal is a web-based application. The applicants should fill a standard form to complete the NSP scholarship registration procedure. They can also choose from a list of scholarships available on the portal. Candidates who apply for the first time should fill in the correct details and submit the NSP new registration form. The last date of NSP registration for scholarships under UGC/AICTE schemes closes on 20th January 2021.