UGC Scholarship for University Rank Holders Summary:
The University Grants Commission [UGC], introduced a Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University rank holders both in General and Honours Courses at Undergraduate level because of the need to emerge as a powerful nation and bring Post-graduation into the light of talented students by offering them good incentives in the form of Scholarships.
The University Grants Commission aims:
- To nurture and promote talent
- To reward merit students for their excellence in Under-graduation
- To promote study in basic subjects both General as well as Honours at the undergraduate level. The scheme does not apply for professional courses.
- To improve academic excellence at postgraduate level across the colleges and universities in the country.
The Scholarship may be credible for a span of two years to support the rank holders of each university at the undergraduate level to pursue their Master’s Degree.
- All universities would be required to issue rank certificates to the toppers of the university.
- Online applications are accepted by University Grant Commission for Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders.
- UGC Scholarship for University Rank Holders is offered by UGC with the help of Ministry of Human Resource and Development for the 1st and 2nd rank holders in the university to carry on their post-graduation studies.
- University Grants Commission has been granting scholarships for educational purposes to the students under different heads but for promoting higher education in the country.
- UGC Scholarship for University Rank Holders is given to those students who want to pursue post-graduation studies in non-professional courses and have studied any of the following subjects:
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences