National Overseas Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Rewards:
The candidates selected for the scholarship will get several benefits from the scheme. The details of the scholarship and benefits of the scholarship are mentioned below:
- Number of Awards: There are total 20 scholarships out of which 6 scholarship is reserved for female candidates. The category wise distribution for every field of study are as follow:
Duration of Scholarship: The duration of the scholarship depends upon the level of study undertaken by the applicant:
- For Master’s : 3 years
- For Ph.D.:4 years
- Maintenance Allowance: The amount of annual maintenance allowance depends upon the country where the applicant will opt to study, the details are:
- For the United Kingdom: The candidates will get an annual maintenance allowance of 9,900 GBP (Approx. INR 10 lakh).
- For the United States and other countries: The candidates will receive an annual maintenance allowance of 15,000 USD (Approx. INR 10 lakh).
- Contingency Allowance: In order to cover the expenses related to books, study tour, essential apparatus etc. candidates will get annual contingency allowance as per the country they want to study in:
- For the United Kingdom: The annual contingency allowance is 1100 GBP (Approx. INR 1 lakh).
- For the United States and other countries: The student will get annual contingency allowance of 1500 USD (Approx. INR 1 lakh).
- Air Fare: The actual amount of air passage from India to the educational institute & back, by economy class and the shortest route using National Career will be provided to the candidates.
- Visa Fee & Poll Tax: The actual amount of Visa Fee & Poll tax will be paid.
- Medical Insurance: The actual amount as charged for the medical insurance will be admissible.
- Tuition Fee & Equipment Allowance: The candidates will get prescribed equipment allowance i.e. Rs. 1500 and the actual amount of Tuition fee will be admissible.
- Earnings from research/teaching assistants: The candidate can supplement their prescribed allowance by contributing to research or by providing teaching assistance by 2400 USD/1560 GBP (Approx. 1.5 lakh INR).