West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023: The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) has released a vacancy opportunity for 411 contractual Driver/Police driver vacancies in Kolkata Police, 309 seats for the Sub Inspector posts, 5 seats for Data Entry Operator and others. Candidates who wish to apply can check the eligibility criteria and the age limit to apply successfully.
The active recruitments under West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023 are:
- Driver/ Police Driver: The opening is on 411 positions. The last date to apply was Oct 9, 2023. The exam date shall be announced soon.
- Sub Inspector (SI): The vacancy is for 309 seats. The exam date shall be notified soon.
Candidates are advised to go through this sarkari exam page and sign up for a free job alert, which will keep them up to date on the latest government positions. Find further details in the sections below.
Also Check: Upcoming Government Exams
About West Bengal Police
West Bengal Police Department was formed in 1861 and is one of the two police forces in West Bengal. The Director-General of Police heads it. The DG and IGP of WBP, Mr Shri Virendra, report to the State Government. The West Bengal Police was reorganized under the Police Act of 1861 during the British Raj.
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023 Notification
An overview of the West Bengal Police notification 2023 with vacancies, submission dates, etc., is given below. Candidates can apply online after going through the notification.
|WB Police Recruitment Notification|
|Category||State Government Job|
|Full-Form||West Bengal Police|
|Application Starting Date
|Last Date to Apply||
|Job Location||West Bengal|
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023 Careers
WB Police Department recruits for a wide range of positions within the organization. The role may be permanent or contract basis, depending on the nature of the work. Candidates interested in joining the WB Police can learn more about the available roles and the eligibility requirements by scrolling down the page.
|West Bengal MTS Recruitment||WBMSC Recruitment|
|WBPSC Recruitment||North Western Railway Recruitment|
|Odisha Police Recruitment||Punjab Police Recruitment|
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023 Vacancy
There are several vacancies going on under the West Bengal Police Department. The latest vacancy announced is for the Driver/Police Driver and Sub Inspector post under the Kolkata Police. Given below is the list of vacancies for which the recruitments are active under the West Bengal Police Department:
|Unarmed Branch||Sub Inspector of Kolkata Police||212|
|Sub Inspectress of Kolkata Police||27|
|Armed Branch (Male)||Sub Inspector of Kolkata Police||34|
|Sergeant in Kolkata Police (Male)||36|
- Driver/Police Driver– 411
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023 Salary
The salary structure of the vacancy shall be as per the rules and guidelines of the concerned department. The selected candidates will be eligible to get gross pay including other perks and benefits.
- Sub Inspector– Rs.32,100 – Rs.82,900 (Pay Level 10)
- Driver/Police Driver– Rs.13,500/- per month
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check their eligibility as required for the WBP recruitment 2023 in the following sections. The educational qualification and age limit requirements are mentioned below.
The required educational qualification is as follows:
- The candidate must have a Graduate degree in any discipline.
- Candidates must have a valid Class 8 school certificate, an active transport license, and a minimum of three years of driving experience in government, quasi-government, or registered private limited organizations, among others.
The details regarding the age limit criteria are given below:
- Lower Limit- 20 years
- Upper Limit- 27 years
- Lower Limit- 21 years
- Upper Limit- 40 years
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The selection of the candidates under the West Bengal Police recruitment 2023 shall be done on the basis of the following steps:
- Preliminary Written Test
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Combined Competitive Examination
- Personality Test
- Driving Test
- Medical Fitness Test
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023 Application Procedure
The application fee and application process for the upcoming West Bengal Police Warder recruitment 2023 are detailed below for applicants’ convenience. Follow the steps minutely to apply successfully for the vacancy.
The candidates will be required to pay the following amount:
- Gen- Rs.220/-
- Others- Rs.20/-
Steps to Apply
Interested candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to apply successfully:
Step 1: Visit the official website kolkatapolice.gov.in
Step 2: Find the “Bulletin Board” section on the homepage and select the relevant notification.
Step 3: Download the advertisement and read it carefully.
Step 4: Fill up the application form with proper details and upload all the relevant documents.
- Step 5: Make the payment and submit it. Download it for future reference.
- Step 1: Visit the Kolkata Police website at kolkatapolice.gov.in to download the prescribed application format.
- Step 2: Ensure that you attach the following self-attested documents to your application: ID proof, address proof, age certificate, driving license, experience certificate, and a recent passport-sized photo.
- Step 3: Super-scribe the envelope containing your application with “Application for the post of Police Driver (Contractual) / Driver (Contractual) 2023.”
- Step 4: Submit the filled-in application form, along with the required documents, in person (not by post or any other means) to the designated DROP BOX during office hours. The DROP BOX is located at Police Training School, 247, A.J.C. Bose Road, Kolkata 700027.
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023 FAQs
There is no mention of age relaxation in the official notification. For more details go through the official website.
There are 411 vacancies available for the Driver/Police Driver post.
The last date to apply for the Driver/Police Driver post is October 9, 2023.
Candidates must be Class 8 pass from a recognized school and possess a valid transport license. Additionally, they should have three years of experience in driving in a valid government organization.
Yes, applicants for the Driver/Police Driver post should be between 21 and 40 years of age.
To apply for the Sub Inspector (SI) post, candidates must have a graduate degree in any discipline.
The vacancy has been announced on 130 seats.
The vacancy is for 5 seats.
Other Government Recruitment Links
The various government recruitments are as follows:
- Kerala PSC
- UPSC Exam
- SSC Exam
- Join Indian Army
- Railway Recruitment
- Heavy Water Board
- UP Vidhan Sabha Recruitment
- ECGC PO Recruitment
- Haryana Vidyut Recruitment
- MPSC Recruitment
For any queries about West Bengal Police 2023 recruitment, leave a comment, and we will get back to you soon. For more updates, follow government exams and get details about all upcoming exams in India.