UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination 2020 (CMSE)
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has postponed the notifications for Combined Medical Services (CMS) Exam due to nationwide lockdown against COVID-19. As per the Official Website, Combined Medical Service Exam was scheduled to be notified on 8 April 2020 which will stand deferred till further notice. It is said to be released when the situation gets normal. Until then the candidates are advised to keep a track on the official website to get the daily notifications on the UPSC CMS Examination 2020. UPSC conducts the CMS Exam every year for recruiting the candidates for the positions like Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in Railways, Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services, Junior scale Posts in Central Health Services, General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council, General duty Medical Grade II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal Corporation. To get more information on UPSC CMS Examination as well as the other Upcoming Government Examination candidates can follow our page Sarkari Exam.
Overview of UPSC CMS Exam 2020
Candidates can refer the highlights given below before applying for the UPSC CMS Exam 2020
|Name of the Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam||Combined Medical Service Exam|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Exam Stages||2 Stages|
|Exam Mode||Online Computer Based Exam and Personality Test|
Important Dates of UPSC CMS 2020
Candidates have to make note of the important dates (tentative) of UPSC CMS Exams as it provides the candidates with a clear timeline and helps them to prepare for the exam well in advance.
|Notification Release Date||Deferred|
|Starting Date of Application||Deferred|
|Last Date to Apply||Yet to be Notified|
|Commencement of Application Withdrawal||Yet to be Notified|
|Last Date to Application Withdrawal||Yet to be Notified|
|Written Exam Date||19 July 2020|
|Written Exam Result Date||August 2020|
|Detailed Application Form Date||September 2020|
|Personality Test Date||October 2020|
|Final Result Date||November 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CMS Exam 2020
In order to apply for UPSC CMS Exam 2020 candidates must meet some eligibility criteria which are given below.
- The Candidates applying for the Exam must have an M.B.B.S Degree from a recognized University/Board. Candidates who are waiting for their final result can also apply for the same.
- Candidates must be Physically and Medically fit according to the Physical/Medical Standards for the CMS Exam 2020 as per the regulations mentioned in Appendix III of rules of the exam.
- Candidates must not exceed the Age Limit of 32 years from 1st August of the Exam Year. There is no lower Age limit defined in the notification of the UPSC CMS Exam 2020
- The Age Relaxation is provided for the reserved candidates as follows.
|OBC Candidates||3 Years|
|SC/ST Candidates||5 Years|
|For the Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 1st January 1980 to 31st December||5 Years|
Selection Process for UPSC CMS Exam 2020
The selection procedure for UPSC CMS Exam is given below candidates can refer the same before applying for Exam.
- Computer-Based Exam
- Written Exam
- Personality Test
How to Apply for UPSC CMS Exam 2020
The Candidates can register for UPSC CMS Exam 2020 in two ways that are given below.
Registration Part 1
In part 1 of registration candidates must follow the below steps.
- Go to the Official Website of UPSC that is upsc.gov.in.
- The registration page will be opened. Click on the “Registration Part 1”.
- Enter the personal details and click on the “Submit” button.
- After submitting the details another page will appear asking for the candidates whether they want to claim the reservation or not. If yes click on the “yes” tab or else proceed further.
- Cross-check the details after you enter it on the preview page and correct the errors if any.
- The next page will redirect you to the “Registration Part 2”.
Registration Part 2
In part 2 of registration, the candidates must follow the below steps.
- Selection of Exam Center.
- Payment for the Application Form.
- Uploadation of the Documents.
- Agreeing for the Declaration.
Other Government Exams
Hopefully, you have got all the information related to UPSC CMS Exam 2020. If you have any doubts or queries, brief about it in the comment section. We will get back to you shortly. Meanwhile, keep checking our page for more information on Latest Govt Jobs on our Sarkari Exam page.
FAQs for UPSC CMS Exam 2020
The Application form of UPSC CMS 2020 registration opening dates will be announced soon.
As such no fixed date has been released by the officials but tentatively exam is going to conduct in the month of July 2020.
There are in total of 2 papers in the exam of 250 marks each and both the papers carry 120 questions.
For this purpose, the commission has given the facility to the candidates to raise representation for the answer key. Candidates who feel the answer provided in the answer key are not correct then they can fill the objection form available on the website and provide valid proof for their objection.
UPSC CMS 2019 : UPSC released an official notification regarding the Combined Medical Services Exam on 10th April 2019. Apply for the UPSC Exam on or before 6 May 2019. The Combined Medical Services Exam will be conducted in two phases. The first phase will be a computer-based test and the next phase will be a Personality Test. For More Updates Follow Our Sarkari Exam Page.
Based on the UPSC Combined Medical Service Exam Merit List, candidates will be selected for the vacancies in posts of various government bodies. Listed below are the posts for which vacancies are allotted:
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council
- General Duty Medical Gr.-II in Delhi Municipal Corporation
To know the detailed information regarding UPSC Combined Medical Services 2019, continue to read this article. Vacancy specifications, Important dates, Scheme of Examination, Application Fee and the Direct Link to Apply Online for UPSC CMS Exam 2019 are all available in this article.
Check For more Government Jobs Across All Over India
UPSC CMS 2019 – Vacancy Specifications
Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways
Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services
Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services
General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council
General Duty Medical Gr.-II in Delhi Municipal Corporation
- These are the Approximate Vacancy Numbers. The vacancies allotted may change as per the candidate’s performance and requirements.
- To know more about category wise vacancy split, refer the official website.
UPSC CMS 2019 – Important Dates
|Notification Release||10th April 2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online||06th May 2019 till 6:00 pm|
|Application Withdrawal Start Date||13th May 2019|
|Application Withdrawal Last Date||20th May 2019 till 6:00pm|
|Date of Commencement of UPSC CMS Exam 2019||21st July 2019|
UPSC CMS 2019 Exam Centres
The CMS Examination will be conducted in various cities in India. The Picture below shows the list of UPSC CMS Exam Centres.
Note: Do not forget to mention your preference for location while applying for the UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam. However, you will receive the UPSC E-Admit Card, prior to the exam. The UPSC Admit Card will specify the details of date & venue details of the Exam.
UPSC CMS 2019 Scheme of Examination
As mentioned earlier, there are two phases in the UPSC CMS Examination.
- Computer Based Test
- Personality Test
Candidates who qualify the computer-based test will be called for personality test. However, the final selection will be based on the overall merit list. The below table shows the weightage of individual tests.
|Part -I: Computer Based Test||500|
|Part – 2: Personality Test||100|
UPSC CMS 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit
Applicants should not be more than 32 years of age as on 01/08/2019. i.e, must not have been born earlier than 02/08/1987.
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
Note: To know more about Age Relaxation for various other categories like Ex-Servicemen, ECO/SSCOs, candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kasmir etc, refer the UPPSC Official Website.
- Educational Qualification
The only qualification required to attend the UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam is to have passed the Written & Practical Assessments of Final M.B.B.S. Examination.
Application Fee for UPSC CMS Exam 2019
Last Date to Make Payment for UPS CMS 2019 Exam is 6 May 2019. Learn more about the mode of payment and fee details in this section.
Mode of Payment
Candidates are free to choose any one of the following modes of payment
- Deposit Money in any of the SBI branch
- Net Banking Facility of SBI
- Visa/ Master/ Credit/ Debit Card
- Pay by Cash
Application Fee – Category Wise
Note: In case of candidates opted for Pay By Cash mode of payment, he/she will have to print the system generated Pay Slip and make payment at any SBI Branch counter, the next working day.
Steps To Apply Online For UPSC CMS 2019 Exam
The mode of Application for UPSC CMS Exam is Online. Follow the below steps to Apply for UPSC Exam – CMS.
- Enter the link https://upsconline.nic.in
- Click on Online Application For Various Examinations Of UPSC
- You can click on registration Part-I and Part-II links provided across the Examination Code CMS.
- Fill the required particulars and download the UPSC CMS application form for future reference.
Steps To Download UPSC CMS 2019 Exam Notification
- Enter the Official Website upsc.gov.in
- As you can see the UPSC Home Page, place your cursor on the Examination Tab
- Select Active Examinations option from the drop-down menu
- Click on ‘Combined Medical Services Examination 2019’
- Now, click on the Notice to download UPSC CMS Exam Notification.
UPSC CMS Exam – Direct Links
Access the below link to apply directly for UPSC CMS Exam 2019.
Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) involves in various functions in the recruitment of aspiring and eligible candidates for various posts. The board conducts several examinations for candidates to join the government organizations. UPSC also conducts the direct interview process. Additionally, the board makes timely stipulation of the recruitment rules and deals with the entire appointment process. Also, check other UPSC Exams held in India.