TET Exam 2020
Latest TET Exam 2020 notifications will be released on this page. Candidates who are looking for applying to the teacher jobs in the Central Government or Government can find the latest updates on TET Exams on this page. You can follow the Sarkari Exam page in order to get the latest updates on teaching jobs as well as information about the application, exam dates, exam pattern, eligibility criteria and so on.
Important Dates of TET Exam 2020
All the important Dates of TET Exam are given below in the table form
|Name of TET Exam||Tentative Dates of Notification||Tentative Dates of Exam|
|CTET||Mar 2020||5th July 2020|
|UP TET||September 2020||November 2020|
|Assam TET||August 2020||November 2020|
|HP TET||September 2020||December 2020|
|HTET||October 2020||December 2020|
|Jharkhand TET||January 2020||April 2020|
|KTET||August 2020||October 2020|
|Odisha TET||August 2020||December 2020|
|Rajasthan TET||November 2020||February 2020|
|MTET||July 2020||November 2020|
|UTET||October 2020||December 2020|
|WBTET||October 2020||December 2020|
|Punjab TET||December 2020||March 2020|
|Bihar TET||July 2020||November 2020|
|TNTET||April 2020||June 2020|
Exam Details of TET Exam 2020
There are basically 2 sections in Exam Pattern of TET Exam 2020
- Paper 1 – which is for the teachers who want to take up class from I-V
- Paper2 – which is for the teachers who want to take up classes from VI-VIII
- The teacher who want to take up classes for I-VIII can write both the papers
- There is no negative marking in the examination.
- Both the papers will have 2 and half hour exam duration.
- The Question Papers will be both in Hindi and English Languages.
The division of both the papers is shown below in the table form:
Paper 1 of TET Exam Pattern 2020
|Name of the Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
Paper 2 of TET Exam Pattern 2020
|Name of the Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Social Studies or Mathematics and Science||60||60|
Syllabus for TET Exam 2020
The Syllabus of each state differs from one another, and it will be provided in their own websites of exam conducting authorities.
TET Exam Qualifying Marks
A candidate who scores 60% or more in the TET exam will be considered as TET pass. School managements (Government, local bodies, government aided and unaided) (a) may consider giving concessions to persons belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently abled persons, etc., in accordance with their extant reservation policy; should give weightage to the TET scores in the recruitment process; however, passing the TET exam merely means gaining eligibility to apply for teaching jobs. It does not confirm your appointment as a teacher.
Please NOTE: Qualifying Marks Criteria can be different for different state level exam.
Eligibility Criteria for TET Exam 2020
The eligibility criteria for paper 1 and paper 2 differ. Below are the eligibility criteria are given for paper 1 and paper 2 separately.
Eligibility Criteria for Paper 1 of TET Exam 2020
- Candidates who have passed the Senior Secondary Exam or any equivalent exam with 50% of marks and also those who have passed or appearing or in the final year of 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education can apply for the exam.
- Those who have cleared Senior Secondary Exam or equivalent exam with 50% marks and those who have passed or appearing or in the final year of 4 years in Bachelors of Elementary Education.
- Candidates those who have passed graduation and passed or appearing for the final year of the 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
Eligibility Criteria for Paper 2 of TET Exam 2020
- Candidates who have passed graduation and passed or appearing in the final year of a 2-year diploma in the Elementary Education.
- Those candidates who have passed graduation with at least 50% of marks and are appearing or have passed the 1st year of B.Ed.
- Aspirants who have cleared the Senior Secondary Exam with 50% and those who have passed or appearing for the final year of B.EI.Ed is eligible.
- Candidates who have passed or appearing for the final year of 4 year integrated course BA, B.ED, B.Sc, B.Ed or any other equivalent course can apply for this part.
How to Apply for TET Exam 2020
The filling the Application is done in online mode. For each state, there will their own website which the candidate needs to visit. Here are the General Steps on how you can fill the application form.
- Visit the respective websites of the TET Exam 2020 for different states.
- Click on the link provided for Online Application.
- Press the “Registration” button and provide the details asked.
- After providing all the information. Login again to complete the application form given.
- Upload the documents asked.
- Make the Fee payment
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Take the printout for future use.
The Application Fee for the State and the Central TET Exam may differ and it also varies depending on the category the candidate chooses. So the candidates can pay the fees respectively based on the category they choose.
Admit Card for TET Exam 2020
The Admit Card of TET exam 2020 can be downloaded from the official websites of the respective states. Here are the steps on how to download the Admit Card online.
- Visit the official website of the particular state.
- Click on the link given for the Admit card.
- Enter the Registration ID and Password that you had received while applying for the exam online.
- Submit the Information asked.
- The Admit Card will appear on your screen.
- Verify the details properly.
- Download the Admit Card and Take the printout for future use.
Other Government Exams
- Northern Railway Recruitment
- TNEB TANGEDCO Recruitment
- HCL Recruitment
- NABARD Recruitment
- Indian Coast Guard Recruitment
Hope this article has provided you with proper guidance on how to prepare for TET and other details related to it. In case you have any query, do comment and we will get back to you. Also do not forget to follow our page Sarkari Exams to get regular updates on Government Jobs. All the best!
FAQ for TET Exam 20
TET is conducted at both the central and state level. At the central level, it is conducted by CBSE and at the state level by the respective state authorities under the state government.
There is no specific duration. It is conducted as per the vacancies. It can be conducted twice a year, once a year, or once in two or three years.
A person who scores at least 60% in the TET exam will be considered to have passed the exam. TET exam by nature is a qualifying exam in multiple-choice format ( MCQ ).
The maximum age limit for teaching jobs is generally 40 years with a retirement age of 60 years.
Latest: Check MAHA TET 2020 Link Provided below for detailed notification.
TET full form is Teacher Eligibility Test. It is an entrance examination that is conducted for recruiting teachers in different states for Government Schools. T.E.T is conducted by both the Central Government and the State Government. TET Exam is quite a famous examination and lakhs of applications are submitted by aspirants for State and Central TET Exams. TET is largely attempted by female candidates, as it is a secure job and also highly prestigious. Additionally, to be a Government Teacher, one needs to have a B.ED Degree to qualify for further rounds. TET of different States issue notification for exams around the year for interested candidates to apply. For More Updates Follow Our Sarkari Exam Page.
TET Exam or Teacher Eligibility Test Exam Pattern is based on the National Curriculum Framework and is divided into categories for Primary, Middle and Secondary Schools. Candidates need to secure minimum 60% of marks to qualify for further rounds.
In this article, we have provided information about various TET Exams held in India, both State and Central Government. Find information such as TET Online Application, TET Syllabus, TET Result, TET Reference Books, etc. to help you prepare well for the exam.
TET is a highly competitive exam, and to crack it, one needs to have a thorough understanding of the TET Exam Syllabus and Pattern. The Exam Pattern for primary and upper primary differs and candidates must prepare accordingly. TET Exam Applications are available on its official website and TET Recruitment Links are given below in this page.
TET Exam Application dates and TET notifications are released by the respective conducting State authorities and the Central Authority (in case of CTET). Recently, MAHA TET 2020 notifications has been released by the Maharashtra State Council of Examination. The exam is going to be held on 19th January 2020, for both Paper I and Paper II. The last date to fill the application form is 28th November 2019.
List of TET Exams in India- Both State and Central
We have provided below the list of TET exams in India. Candidates can find all information related to TET Eligibility, TET Application Form, TET Reference Books, etc. from the links provided below. Click on the links to know more about that particular TET exam and get all details related to it.
- MAHA TET
- HP TET
- Assam TET
- Bihar TET
- TS TET
- Tripura TET
- CG TET
- Bihar STET
Hope this article provides you with proper guidance on how to prepare for TET and other details related to it. In case you have any query, do comment and we will get back to you. All the best!