The Police Recruitment of Public Service looks for candidates who have the skill sets to serve the police such as level-headedness and superior communication abilities. To recruit new applicants, the police department uses a variety of techniques. The police department conducts various examinations for various departments.
The notification for Police recruitment 2023 is released throughout the year in Newspaper Ads, Post Flyers, Brochures and Internet Sites. Different states issue notifications for Police exams around the year for interested candidates who wish to apply for the posts of Inspector, Sub Inspector, Head Constable etc.
For more updates on upcoming government recruitments, follow our sarkari exam page. The vacancies available in 2023 depending on the states and posts are mentioned in the table below.
Also Check: Upcoming Government Exams 2023
Upcoming Police Recruitment 2023
The recruitment of police is done both the central and state level. There are various kinds of Police jobs in India for all categories starting from the 10th pass. While the Central Government police jobs 2023 fall under the control of the union ministry, those in the state and the union territories fall under the control of the respective ministries.
Few Important Police Job Pages Are As Follows:
|Odisha Police Recruitment||Punjab Police Recruitment|
|Delhi Police Recruitment||Assam Police Recruitment|
|HP Police Recruitment||West Bengal Police Recruitment|
|TS Police Recruitment||Chandigarh Police Recruitment|
Check the below table for the latest Police Bharti 2023 online form date, exam date, last date and post wise vacancies.
|State||Name of the Post||Exam Date|
|CSBC Bihar Police||Prohibition Constable||To be announced|
|CISF||Constable Tradesmen||To be announced|
|Odisha Police||Constable||To be announced|
|Telangana Police||Assistant Public Prosecutor (APO)||To be announced|
|Punjab Police||Intelligence Assistant and Constable||To be announced|
|West Bengal Police||SI and Constable posts||To be announced|
|HP Police||Constable (Male/Female), Driver||To be announced|
|MP Police||Constable and Sub-Inspector||To be announced|
|Chandigarh Police||Sub Inspector (SI) and Constable (GD)||To be announced|
|Karnataka Police||Scene of Crime Officer in Forensic Science Laboratory||To be announced|
|Gujarat Police||Police Constable Posts||To be announced|
|J&K Police||To be announced||To be announced|
|AP Police||To be announced||To be announced|
Police Posts and Rank List 2023
Police recruitment is done across several categories. There is a specific ranking system that is followed in the process. The rankings of Police post list 2023 based on positions are mentioned below.
- Director General of Police (DGP)
- Additional Director General of Police (Addl. DGP)
- Inspector General of Police (IG) / Special Inspector General of Police (Spl. IG)
- Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG)
- Superintendent of Police (SP) / Deputy Commissioner of Police (Selection Grade)
- Addl. Superintendent of Police / Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)
- Police Inspector
- Sub-Inspector (SI)
Police Recruitment 2023 Eligibility
- It is mandatory for the candidates to fulfil the eligibility criteria to apply for the post of Police Constable. If the candidates do not fulfil any of the eligibility requirements, their application will be rejected straightaway.
- The candidate must be between the age group already mentioned. Though, there are some relaxations available for candidates from select categories.
- The candidates should have passed class 12th board exams from a recognized school education board in India. The candidates who do not fulfil this requirement are not eligible for the advertised vacancies.
- The candidates must be Indian citizens or hold permanent citizenship or residency in India to be able to apply for the post.
- A physical examination must also be taken. The most common criteria include men to be of 165 m height at least and have a greater than 79 cm chest when unexpanded and women to be of 155cm height at least.
- The candidates must keep the required documentation prepared for verification. They must have scanned copies of the required documents to be able to upload them whenever required in the online application process.
List of Central Police Agencies
The list of central police agencies includes:
- Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF): Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), National Security Guards (NSG), Railway Protection Force (RPF), Special Protection Group (SPG) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
- Central Investigation and Intelligence Institutions: Central Bureau of Investigations (CBI), Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Indian Income-tax Department, National Investigation Agency (NIA), Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D) and National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB).
Police Recruitment 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of the Police recruitment 2023 exam usually consists of four papers. The most common subjects include General Knowledge, General Hindi, Numerical Ability, and Mental Aptitude/IQ/Reasoning Ability.
Common topics in general knowledge include:
- History of India
- Education, Culture, Traditions and Social Practices of Uttar Pradesh state
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Agriculture
- India and its Neighbouring Countries
- National/International Awards
- Indian Culture
- Indian Economy,
- Population, Environment, and Urbanization
- Indian and World Geography & Natural Resources
- Human Rights
- Revenue, police, and general administrative arrangements in Uttar Pradesh
- Internal security and terrorism
Common topics in numerical ability include:
- Number System
- Average & Percentage
- Decimals and Fraction
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Time and work
- Use of Tables and Graphs
- Time and Distance
- Arithmetical computations
Common topics in mental ability include:
- Logical Diagrams
- Word and alphabet
- Letter and number series
- Direction sense
- Symbol- Relationship interpretation
- Logical interpretation of data
- The forcefulness of arguments
- Common Sense Test
Common topics in the Intelligence Quotient Test include:
- Series Completion test
- Direction Sense Test
- Relationship & Analogy Test
- Spotting out dissimilar
- Blood Relations
- Problems based on alphabet
- Time Sequence Test
- Venn Diagram
Police Recruitment Exam Pattern 2023
The Police recruitment 2023 exam pattern depends on the post available. However, the most common pattern is mentioned in the table below:
|Subjects||Total No. of Questions||Marks|
|Mental Aptitude/IQ/Reasoning Ability||37||74|
Please note: The marks allotment is different for different states. It is not important that all the states follow the same exam pattern.
Police Recruitment Reference Books
It is imperative that a candidate gets hold of the best books in order to crack the police recruitment exams 2023. The syllabus covers General Studies, Logical and Analytical Reasoning, Arithmetic and English. We have listed down few of the most popular books for each subject, that the candidate can go through to prepare better.
|India’s Ancient Past||R.S. Sharma|
|Mega Current Affairs Combo for Competitive Exams||Disha Publications|
|Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh|
Logical & Analytical Reasoning:
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|How to Crack the Test Of Reasoning||Premkishan|
|Shortcuts in Reasoning||Disha Experts|
|Reasoning for Competitive Exams||K. Sinha Nishit|
|Objective Arithmetic||Aggarwal R. S.|
|Arithmetic Subjective and Objective for Competitive Examinations||Aggarwal R. S.|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi|
|Objective English for competitive examinations||Hari Mohan Prasad|
|Descriptive General English||S.P. Bakshi & Richa Sharma|
Police Recruitment 2023: Competitive Exams List
Several exams are conducted throughout the year for recruiting personnel to various departments of the police force. These exams are conducted both at the central as well as the state or the union territory level. These exams require the candidates not just to pass the written examination, but they must also pass the physical eligibility test in order to get selected.
Shared below is a list of these competitive exams for Police jobs in India.
SSC GD Constable
The SSC GD Constable exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India. This recruitment exam is controlled by the Central Government of India. This recruitment exam by the Staff Selection Commission aims to fill up the seats for the posts of riflemen (general duty) and constable (general duty). SSC GD Constable exam can be taken by all such candidates who have cleared the 12th board examination.
UPSC CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces)
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the UPSC CAPF exam. This exam aims to recruit personnel for the post of Assistant Commandant in the Central Armed Police Forces. The UPSC CAPF exam is conducted on a yearly basis. Candidates who have passed the 12th board examination can apply for this exam.
SSC CPO Exam (Central Police Organization)
The SSC CPO exam is held on a national level by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) of India. The purpose of this exam is to hire candidates for Sub-Inspector of Police (SI) post. There are various organizations for which this exam is conducted such as Delhi Police, BSF, ITBP, CRPF etc. The candidates holding a Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to apply for the exam.
UPSC IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
The UPSC IAS exam is conducted in order to recruit Group A & Group B officers in different departments of the Central Government of India. The UPSC IAS exam is one of the top level exams and is also the toughest to crack. The candidate must either be a graduate or must be in the 3rd or final year of graduation.
Police Recruitment 2023: Admit Card
Admit cards are usually released a few days before the exam on the official website. Candidates are advised to take care of their admit card as it is one of the most important documents required in all stages of the selection process. Once the admit card is downloaded, it is important to match all printed information on your admit card from the application.
Police Recruitment 2023: Results
The results are usually announced by the conducting authority one or two months after the exams are conducted. The officials declare the result on the official website, and candidates need to visit the same to check their results. The most important details mentioned in the result include the candidate’s name, roll number, and the marks obtained in the particular exam. In addition, candidates need to enter their login credentials to check the results.
|Police Recruitment Results|
|MPSC Result||BPSC Result|
|CISF Head Constable Result||RPF Constable Result|
|UP Police Result||RPF SI Result|
|BSF Constable Result||SSC GD Constable Result|
|Gujarat Police Result|
Hope the links will provide you with detailed information on the upcoming police jobs and exams in India. Keep following our website for more information on other Government Jobs in India.