The Police Recruitment of Public Service looks for candidates who have the skill sets to serve the police such as level-headedness and superior communication abilities. To recruit new applicants, the police department uses a variety of techniques. The police department conducts various examinations for various departments.
The notification for Police recruitment 2022 is released throughout the year in Newspaper Ads, Post Flyers, Brochures and Internet Sites. Different states issue notifications for Police exams around the year for interested candidates who wish to apply for the posts of Inspector, Sub Inspector, Head Constable etc.
For more updates, follow our Sarkari exam. The vacancies available in 2022 depending on the states and posts are mentioned in the table below.
Police Recruitment 2022
Check the below table for the latest Police Bharti 2022 online form date, exam date, last date and post wise vacancies.
|State||Vacancies||Name of the Post||Last Date to Apply||Exam Date|
|CSBC Bihar Police||365||Prohibition Constable||January 18, 2022||To be announced|
|CISF Recruitment||249||Head Constable||March 30, 2022||To be announced|
|Odisha Police||244||Constable||October 4, 2021||To be announced|
|Telangana Police||151||Assistant Public Prosecutor (APO)||To be announced||To be announced|
|Punjab Police||560||Sub Inspectors & Intelligence Officer||July 27, 2021||To be announced|
|West Bengal Police||8,632||SI and Constable posts||To be announced||To be announced|
|HP Police||1334||Constable (Male/Female), Driver||October 31, 2021||To be announced|
|MP Police||60||Constable and Sub-Inspector||September 27, 2021||To be announced|
|Chandigarh Police||3000||Sub Inspector (SI) and Constable (GD)||To be announced||To be announced|
|Karnataka Police||206||Scene of Crime Officer in Forensic Science Laboratory||January 15, 2022||To be announced|
|Gujarat Police||10459||Police Constable Posts||November 9, 2021||To be announced|
|J&K Police||N/A||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|AP Police||N/A||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
Police Post and Rank List 2022
The rankings of Police post list 2022 based on positions are mentioned below.
- Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG)
- Superintendent of Police (SP)
- Assistant Commissioner of Police (ASI)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)
- Police Inspector
- Sub-Inspector (SI)
List of Central Police Agencies
The list of central police agencies includes:
- Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF): Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), National Security Guards (NSG), Railway Protection Force (RPF), Special Protection Group (SPG) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
- Central Investigation and Intelligence Institutions: Central Bureau of Investigations (CBI), Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Indian Income-tax Department, National Investigation Agency (NIA), Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D) and National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB).
List of State Police Agencies
The list of state police agencies includes:
- Division wise Police Department
- Criminal Investigation Department (CB-CID)
- Metropolitan Police
- Traffic Police
- State Armed Police Forces
Police Recruitment 2022 Eligibility
- It is mandatory for the candidates to fulfil the eligibility criteria to apply for the post of Police Constable. If the candidates do not fulfil any of the eligibility requirements, their application will be rejected straightaway.
- The candidate must be between the age group already mentioned. Though, there are some relaxations available for candidates from select categories.
- The candidates should have passed class 12th board exams from a recognized school education board in India. The candidates who do not fulfil this requirement are not eligible for the advertised vacancies.
- The candidates must be Indian citizens or hold permanent citizenship or residency in India to be able to apply for the post.
- A physical examination must also be taken. The most common criteria include men to be of 165 m height at least and have a greater than 79 cm chest when unexpanded and women to be of 155cm height at least.
- The candidates must keep the required documentation prepared for verification. They must have scanned copies of the required documents to be able to upload them whenever required in the online application process.
Police Recruitment 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of the Police recruitment 2022 exam usually consists of four papers. The most common subjects include General Knowledge, General Hindi, Numerical Ability, and Mental Aptitude/IQ/Reasoning Ability.
Common topics in general knowledge include:
- History of India
- Education, Culture, Traditions and Social Practices of Uttar Pradesh state
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Agriculture
- India and its Neighbouring Countries
- National/International Awards
- Indian Culture
- Indian Economy,
- Population, Environment, and Urbanization
- Indian and World Geography & Natural Resources
- Human Rights
- Revenue, police, and general administrative arrangements in Uttar Pradesh
- Internal security and terrorism
Common topics in numerical ability include:
- Number System
- Average & Percentage
- Decimals and Fraction
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Time and work
- Use of Tables and Graphs
- Time and Distance
- Arithmetical computations
Common topics in mental ability include:
- Logical Diagrams
- Word and alphabet
- Letter and number series
- Direction sense
- Symbol- Relationship interpretation
- Logical interpretation of data
- The forcefulness of arguments
- Common Sense Test
Common topics in the Intelligence Quotient Test include:
- Series Completion test
- Direction Sense Test
- Relationship & Analogy Test
- Spotting out dissimilar
- Blood Relations
- Problems based on alphabet
- Time Sequence Test
- Venn Diagram
Police Recruitment Exam Pattern
The Police recruitment 2022 exam pattern depends on the post available. However, the most common pattern is mentioned in the table below:
|Subjects||Total No. of Questions||Marks|
|Mental Aptitude/IQ/Reasoning Ability||37||74|
Please note: The marks allotment is different for different states. It is not important that all the states follow the same exam pattern.
Police Recruitment Reference Books
Some of the best books to refer to while preparing for General studies include India’s Ancient Past by R.S. Sharma, Indian Polity by Laxmikant, Mega Current Affairs Combo for Competitive Exams by Disha Publications and Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh.
Books that are highly recommended for Logical & Analytical Reasoning include A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal, How to Crack the Test Of Reasoning by Jaikishan and Premkishan, Shortcuts in Reasoning by Disha Experts, and Reasoning for Competitive Exams by K. Sinha Nishit.
Reference books for Arithmetic preparation include Objective Arithmetic by Aggarwal R. S., Arithmetic Subjective and Objective for Competitive Examinations by Aggarwal R. S.
Reference books for English preparation include Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi, Objective English for competitive examinations by Hari Mohan Prasad, and Descriptive General English by S.P. Bakshi and Richa Sharma.
Police Jobs Admit Card
Admit cards are usually released a few days before the exam on the official website. Candidates are advised to take care of their admit card as it is one of the most important documents required in all stages of the selection process. Once the admit card is downloaded, it is important to match all printed information on your admit card from the application. Some of the most important details that the admit card consists of include:
- Candidate’s Name
- Registration number
- DOB or date of birth of the candidate
- Category of the candidate (General/SC/ST/OBC)
- UP Police SI Exam Date & Time
- Slot of the exam (Morning/afternoon/evening)
- Date of exam
- Photograph of candidate
- Gender of the candidate (Male/Female)
- Father’s Name
- Examination Center
- Signature/Thumb impression of the applicant
- Space for the sign of invigilator
- Examination day protocols
Police Jobs Results
The results are usually announced by the conducting authority one or two months after the exams are conducted. The officials declare the result on the official website, and candidates need to visit the same to check their results. The most important details mentioned in the result include the candidate’s name, roll number, and the marks obtained in the particular exam. In addition, candidates need to enter their login credentials to check the results.
|Police Recruitment Results|
|MPSC Result||BPSC Result|
|CISF Head Constable Result||RPF Constable Result|
|UP Police Result||RPF SI Result|
|BSF Constable Result||SSC GD Constable Result|
|Gujarat Police Result|
Hope the links will provide you with detailed information on the upcoming police jobs and exams in India. Keep following our website for more information on other Government Jobs in India.