National Recruitment Agency Common Eligibility Test (NRA CET Exam 2022) is a screening test to be conducted by the newly approved NRA. It will be conducted to shortlist candidates for various Group – B and C non-technical and non-gazetted posts. It will be a common test for all these exams and will be held twice a year. Details of eligibility, selection procedure, and dates of the respective exam are catalogued in this article. For more information visit the Sarkari exam Page and get updated information on all the upcoming Government exams. Visit free job alert to get informed about the current and upcoming vacancies in various government sectors.
NRA CET Exam 2022 Highlights
Please find the exam highlights below. All the important details are mentioned in the table below.
|NRA CET Exam 2022 Highlights|
|Name of Exam||NRA CET (National Recruitment Agency Common Eligibility Test)|
|Conducting Body||NRA (National Recruitment Agency)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-Based-Test)|
|Frequency of Exam Duration||Twice a year|
|Type of CET||Three types (10th class, 12th class, graduate-level)|
|Exam Date||March 2022 (Tentative)|
NRA CET Exam Important Dates
The important dates and events are mentioned in the table below:
|NRA CET Exam Events||NRA CET Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Application form||January 2022|
|Computer-Based Test (CBT)||March 2022|
List of Exams to be Replaced by NRA CET
The list of exams to be replaced by NRA CET are mentioned below:
|SI No.||Exams to be replaced by CET||Educational Level|
|1||SSC GD Constable Paper-1 SSC||Matriculate|
|3||SSC Constable (Executive)Delhi Police||Higher Secondary|
|4||Stenographer Grade C||Higher Secondary|
|5||SSC CHSL Tier-1 SSC||Higher Secondary|
|6||SSC CGL Tier-1||Graduate|
|7||SSC CPO Sub-Inspector Paper-1||Graduate|
|8||SSC Selection Post||Matriculate/Higher Secondary/Graduate (as per the post requirement)|
|9||RRB NTPC Tier-1||Matriculate/Higher Secondary/Graduate (as per the post requirement)|
|10||RRB Grade-D Tier-1||Matriculate|
|11||IBPS PO Prelims||Graduate|
|12||IBPS Clerk Prelims||Graduate|
|13||IBPS RRB PO & Clerk Prelims||Graduate|
|14||Other banking exams||Graduate|
List of State/UT Govt Recruitments Through NRA CET
The list of exams conducted by the government bodies are mentioned below.
|Government Bodies||Respected Exams|
|Staff Selection Commission (SSC)||
|Railway Requirement Board (RRB)||
|Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)||
Advantages of NRA CET Exam 2022
Some of the benefits of NRA CET exam include:
- A reform in the process of recruitment
- Cost reduction
- Regular Fee payment would be abolished
- CET in multiple languages
- Relief to candidates from the rural and economically weaker sections
- Ease of access to examination centres
- 3 years validity of score and no bar on attempts
- Scheduling Tests and choosing centres
NRA CET Scores and Validity
The CET score of the candidate shall be valid for a period of three years from the date of declaration of the result. There shall be no restriction on the number of attempts to be taken by a candidate to appear in the CET, subject to the upper age limit. This would definitely save the time, amount and effort put in by the candidates each year.
NRA CET Scorecard will be obtained once you appear for the CET exam. Please note that the NRA CET will take place in three main categories, which are;
- 10th Pass Level
- 12th Pass Level
- Graduate Level
Who will use NRA CET Scores?
- The central government, PSUs, state government, union territories, and the private sectors use the CET scores.
- Madhya Pradesh became the first state to accept NRA CET scores and this decision of CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan was widely appreciated.
NRA CET Exam Eligibility
The eligibility criteria is mentioned below for reference purposes.
- For CET 10th pass, candidates must have passed Class 10 from a recognized board. Candidates appearing for their qualifying examination (Class 10) are not eligible for the exam.
- For the CET 12th pass, candidates must have passed the Class 12th/ Senior Secondary Board Exam from a recognized board.
- For a CET graduate pass, the candidate must be a Graduate Degree from a recognized University/Institution.
The age limit for the different categories are listed below:
- For the CET 10th pass, candidates should be aged between 18 and 23 years.
- For the CET 12th pass, candidates should be aged between 20 and 25 years.
- For CET Graduates pass, candidates should be aged between 20 and 32 years.
NRA CET Recruitment Process and Steps
The recruitment process and steps are mentioned below:
Step 1: The candidates have to fill an application form after the announcement made by the officials.
Step 2: Download the admit card for the NRA CET exam, which will be released a few days prior to the exam.
Step 3: The next step will be candidates appearing for the NRA CET examination 2022.
NRA CET Exam Syllabus
The NRA CET syllabus will be common for all the CET exams for SSC, Railways, IBPS. The subject-wise syllabus for NRA CET 2022 exam is given below.
Reasoning Ability syllabus:
- Seating Arrangements
- Data Sufficiency
- Blood Relations
- Order and Ranking
General Awareness Syllabus:
- Current Affairs
- Banking Awareness
- GK Updates
- Important Places
- Books and Authors
- Prime Minister Schemes
- Important Days
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus:
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Quadratic Equation
- Data Sufficiency
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Work, Time and Energy
- Time and Distance
English Language Syllabus
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting Error
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Correction
- Para Jumbles
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para/ Sentence Completion
- One word Substitution
NRA CET Exam Pattern
As per the speculation, the exam pattern for graduate, 12th pass, and 10th pass candidates, the difference will be in the level of exam. For the NRA CET exam, the pattern will be 4 subjects with 25 questions for each subject. In addition, For every wrong question, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks also.
NRA CET Books for Preparations
Some good books to refer while preparing for Reasoning include:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- A New Approach To Reasoning (Verbal and Non Verbal) by B S Sijwalii & Indu Sijwali
- How to Crack Test of Reasoning by Jaikishan & Premkishan
Books to refer while preparing for Quantitative Aptitude include:
- Fast Track Objective Arithemetic by Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by Trishna’s
Books to refer while preparing for English include:
- Objective General English by Arihant’s
- General English for All Competitive Exams by S C Gupta
- Objective English for Competitive Exams by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Sinha
Books to refer while preparing for General Awareness include:
- General Knowledge by Manohar Pandey
- 14000+ Objective Questions on General Studies by Manohar Pandey
- General Knowledge by Tarun Goyal
Other Government Exams
- WBMSC Recruitment
- Presidency University Recruitment
- Consumer Affairs Department Recruitment
- IIT Kharagpur Recruitment
- NIFT Shillong Recruitment
- DHS Meghalaya Recruitment
Hopefully, this post has provided detailed information regarding NRA CET exam 2022. For any further queries please do comment below, we will try to reach you as soon as possible. For any information regarding upcoming Gocernment exams visit the Sarkari exam and free job alert page.