MAHA TET Syllabus 2023: The Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE), the conducting body, drafts the syllabus for various teacher posts across Maharashtra. The exam has two written phases: paper I and paper II. Each paper is for different posts. They syllabus for both the papers are more or less same.
Paper I is for the recruitment of teachers for classes I to V and Paper II is for the recruitment of teachers for classes VI to VIII. The exam is conducted in both online and offline modes. The exam is conducted twice a year in the months of February and August.
Candidates can find out more about the MAHA TET exam 2023 from our website. In addition, the applicants are asked to read the sarkari exam pages and get a free job alert on the available vacancies and recruitment procedures.
Also Check: Upcoming Government Exams
|Other Teaching Jobs Syllabus|
|Bihar TET Syllabus||AP DSC SGT Syllabus|
|TS EDCET Syllabus||HP TET Syllabus|
|Rajasthan PTET Syllabus||AP EDCET Syllabus|
MAHA TET Syllabus 2023 Overview
The Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test (Maharashtra TET) is an entrance exam conducted by the Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE) for the recruitment of teachers in the state of Maharashtra. The exam is conducted in two levels: Level I for teachers of classes I to V and Level II for teachers of classes VI to VIII.
The exam based on the MAHA TET syllabus 2023 is based on the syllabus prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). An overview of the MAHA TET syllabus will be provided in the table below to ensure that the applicants have useful information.
|Overview of MAHA TET Syllabus|
|Conducting Authority||Maharashtra State Examination Council|
|Name of the Examination||MSEC Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test|
MAHA TET Exam Pattern 2023
the MAHA TET Exam 2023 will have two phases. The examination will be pen and paper based, consisting of Paper-I and Paper-II. The level of examinations are as follows:
- Paper-I – Primary Teacher (Class I to V)
- Paper-II – Upper Primary Teacher (Class VI to VIII)
- Both Paper I and II – Both Primary and Upper Primary Teacher (Class I to VIII)
|RBI Assistant||APSSB Recruitment|
|Rail Coach Factory Recruitment||IBPS RRB PO|
|SSC CGL Recruitment||Prasar Bharati Recruitment|
MAHA TET Paper I Exam Pattern
Paper I of MAHA TET 2023 exam is for the recruitment of teachers for classes I to V. The following table highlights the subjects and the number of questions asked in the exam and mark allocation. The applicants are asked to adhere to it:
|S.No||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|1||Child development and pedagogy||30||30|
MAHA TET Paper II Exam Pattern
Paper II of MAHA TET 2023 exam is for the recruitment of teachers for classes VI to VIII. The applicants are asked to adhere to the subjects, number of questions and the mark allocation provided in the following table:
|S.No||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|1||Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|4||Mathematics and Science or Social Studies||60||60|
MAHA TET Syllabus 2023
The MAHA TET syllabus 2023 is divided into two parts: Paper I and Paper II.
Paper I is for those who wish to become teachers for classes I to V. The syllabus for Paper I includes topics from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics, Environmental Studies.
Paper II is for those who wish to become teachers for classes VI to VIII. The syllabus for Paper II includes topics from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics and Science, Social Science.
The syllabus for both papers is designed to assess the knowledge and understanding of the candidates in the relevant subjects. The questions will be based on the topics mentioned in the syllabus. The questions will be of multiple–choice type.
Paper I Syllabus
The MAHA TET syllabus 2023 for paper I consist of the child development and pedagogy stage to the concept of learning education and striving to comprehend the special educational needs of the students.
Child Development and Pedagogy
- Learning and pedagogy
- Concept of inclusive education & understanding children with special needs
- Child development (primary school child)
- Pedagogy of language development
- Verbal ability
- Language comprehension
- Reading unseen passages
- Shapes & spatial understanding
- Solids around Us
- Addition and subtraction
- Pedagogical issues
- Family and friends
- Things we make and do
- Pedagogical issues
Paper II Syllabus
The MAHA TET syllabus 2023 for paper II consists of subjects such as mathematics, science, social studies etc., to test the candidates’ numerical and social sciences understanding for teaching purposes. The applicants are asked to adhere to it.
- Playing with numbers
- Profit & loss
- Number system
- Negative numbers and integers
- Knowing our numbers
- Whole numbers
- Fractions exponents; surds, squares, cube, square root
- Data handling, statistics
- Compound interest discount
- Basic geometrical ideas (2-D)
- Introduction to algebra; algebraic identities, polynomials
- Understanding elementary shapes (2-D and 3-D)
- Constructions (using straight edge scale, protractor, compasses)
- Mensuration; circle, sphere, cone, cylinder, triangles
- Metals & non-metals
- Structure of atom
- Magnets & magnetism
- Compounds of food
- Sources of food
- Cleaning food
- Change of matter
- Materials of daily use
- Acids, base, salt
- Work & energy
- Food; production & management
- The world of the living organisms, microorganisms, and diseases
- Effect of population growth & human activities in the environment
- Moving things- people and ideas
- The universe
- Electric current and circuits
- Natural resources
- Natural phenomena
- Environmental concerns; regional & national
- Sources of energy
Social Studies: This subject includes three sub-topics namely: history, geography and civics. The applicants are asked to adhere to it.
- The first farmers and herders
- Culture and science
- When, where and how
- The earliest societies
- Contacts with distant lands
- The first cities
- New ideas
- The early states
- Creation of an empire
- The first empire
- Sultans of Delhi
- Rural life and society
- Political developments
- New kings and kingdoms
- Regional cultures
- The revolt of 1857-58
- Social change
- India after independence
- The establishment of company power
- Challenging the caste system
- Colonialism and tribal societies
- Women and reform
- The nationalist movement
- Planet: Earth in the solar system
- Human environment: settlement, transport, and communication
- Geography as a social study and as a science
- Environment in its totality: natural and human environment
- Resources: types- natural and human
3. Social and Political Science (Civics)
- Local government
- Understanding media
- The judiciary
- The constitution
- Making a living
- State government
- Unpacking gender
- Pedagogical issues
- Parliamentary government
- Social Justice and the marginalized
MAHA TET Exam Preparation Tips 2023
The applicants must adhere to the following tips to prepare for the MAHA TET syllabus 2023. The preparation strategy of every candidate should be according to the provided syllabus. Candidates can follow these preparation tips mentioned below to ace the written examination.
- The first step to prepare for the TET exam is to understand the exam pattern. Knowing the exam pattern will help you to plan your preparation accordingly.
- Once you understand the exam pattern, make a study plan. Divide your time for each subject and stick to it.
- Make sure that you revise the topics regularly. This will help you to remember the topics better.
- Refer to the NCERT books of primary and upper primary sections.
- Practice the previous year’s question papers regularly.
MAHA TET Syllabus References 2023
Candidates can refer to plenty of books for their MAHA TET 2023 preparation. The prescribed books have not changed, as the MAHA TET Syllabus 2023 for SGT has remained the same. Here are some of the top references from the official website which will help the candidates initially with their preparations:
- (Paper-I) prevalent primary education curriculum.
- Prevalent teacher education diploma curriculum and curriculum related subjects prescribed by the state government etc.
- (Paper-II) popular primary education curriculum etc. 6th to 8th syllabus
- Prevalent teacher education diploma syllabus and syllabus related subjects prescribed by the state government etc. 1st to 12th textbooks
- Popular B.Ed. curriculum and syllabus
MAHA TET Syllabus 2023 FAQs
Paper I of MAHA TET 2023 exam will be a MCQ based paper. It is conducted in both online (computer based) and offline mode (pen & paper based). 150 MCQs for 150 marks for 2 and a half hours.
There will be no negative marking in paper I and paper II of MAHA TET 2023 exam.
Candidates who have passed the written exam will be invited for an interview. The interview is conducted by a panel of experts and is designed to assess the candidate’s teaching skills and knowlewdge.
Upcoming Government Exam’s Syllabus
The various upcoming government exam’s syllabus are as follows:
For more updates on the MAHA TET syllabus 2023, the applicants are requested to subscribe to government exams our pages to receive regular notifications.
Leave a Reply