M.B.B.S. | Batch of 2019
Medical College, Kolkata Review by Arijit
Overall Rating :
7 / 10
- The daily routine consists of Ward Visits for 3 hrs, followed by 3 classes and a practical of 2 hrs duration.
- The quality of education is good, as is the method of teaching, where numerous experienced doctors cum teachers share their knowledge with us.
- The overall experience is good, however I wish this was a centrally funded college, as a hospital needs to constantly updated in order to provide optimum healthcare service to the community.
- Course fee per year is Rs. 9000, which is quite less. However, the cost of medical books per year often exceeds the yearly fees for the course.
- No scholarship is available.
- Loans may be available and should be subject to conditions as set by the bank
- Every MBBS student needs to do a year of compulsory internship from his/her college, which is usually done in the last year. The stipend available to our interns are about Rs 16k per month.
- No companies hire medical students through campus, so no placement figures as well as salary figure is available.
- There is a strong alumni key work of our college, which organises a reunion each year.
- Hostel seats are vastly outnumbered by the candidates applying for them. About 50 seats for the odd 250 students entering per batch.
- Pgs are available, however they are costly. Lodging expenses along with food amounts to about Rs 7k-8k per month.
- Food in a canteen is available which is located inside the college campus, but is not tasked in.any way to the college. Also, the cost per item is higher when compared to the food quality.
- Lecture theatres are good, 5 in number, all the department's have their own buildings. Wi-Fi is not available.
0 You have already thanked