Prashant's review on GLA University, Mathura | Written on: 14 Feb 2016
ACADEMICS & FACULTY
- Two shifts are done: 1. 10.20 A.M to 5.10 P.M, 2. 8.20 A.M to 3.10 P.M
- Quality of teaching is manual, lesser emphasis of practical work(4:1), assignments solving and discussion schemes are poor. Exams gets conducted as in three phases. Lesser emphasis on practicals signifies if the subject Object Oriented Programming is of 4 Credits then its lab will be of only 1 Credit.
- Overall experience of the college is average indian college.
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIP
- Fee is Rs 1,31,000 Per annum.
- Scholarships available.
- Yes some of my friends are studying from loan and my father also took loan for an year. Local banks in the city(mostly).
PLACEMENTS & ALUMNI NETWORK
- Last time I got a call for internship from college, it turned out to be a computer course academy(mtalearning.com)
- Infosys(Engineering), TCS(Management)., IBM BPO(Management), HCL voice(Management), Samsung(Engineering) visit the campus.
- Average Salary figure is Rs.12,000 to Rs.15,000 per month.
- Alumni network is opened to the faculties who are incharge of alumni management.
INFRASTRUCTURE & TRANSPORTATION
- Enough hostels but shortage of water, low quality mess food, etc will bubble time to time. It goes for atleast Rs 60-70 thousand per annum.
- Average meal in the college canteen is Rs. 25
- Class room quality: Equipped with projectors but lenses are weak, untidy, damaged(some of them), etc. Library seems to be big but the book is always short of giving the books, this time in 6th sem, I got just 2 books out of 6 books.
- Wifi is very restrictive. Land area is very big.
CLUBS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Two NGO's works in college for promoting child education and college student there teach children in college.
- Very vague festivals but sport festival is very good(Maitree). Faculty keeps students away from all of these things and try to make students study more.
- College life in general is very tough as I reach my home at 6.30 P.M and go to coaching from 7 P.M to 8 P.M there is always lesser time to do something useful everyday