Talk to our experts for free exam and admission counselling
What is the scope for Textile Engineering in future?
Asked By: Anonymous 08 Apr 2016
Answer By: Getmyuni
20 April, 2016
there are a lot of job opportunities in the field, but finding the one you like might be difficult Starting salary depends on the size of the factory and sector you're trying to get into.
Some of the job profiles in the field of textile engineering are as the following:
- Process Engineer
- Technical Salesperson
- Operations Trainee
- Sales Manager
- Development Engineers
- Quality Control Supervisor
- Medical Textiles Engineer
- Technical Services
Some of the reputed recruiters in the field of textile engineering are as the following:
- Mysore Silk Factory
- Grasim Industries
- Bombay Dying
- Arvind Mills Ltd
- JCT Limited
- Lakshmi Machine Works
- Lakshmi Mills
- Bhilwara Group
- Reliance Textiles
- Rajasthan Petro Synthetics
salary depends on these factors.
- Small factories are cheapo and won't pay you much. Slow growth and usually you have to work your way through a lot of politics and old "experienced" white elephants.
- Medium size companies will pay decent amount usually 18000-25000pkr per month and good chance of growth as they try to be among giants.
- Large companies, will pay you less because they are already established and giants. They Literally dont give a flying eff to you. But if you manage to get in, your promotion will be slow but you might be earning same a production manager of medium sized company while being deputy at that giant. Plus, once you leave big company, you can land higher positions at smaller companies easily with a big paycheck.
- Multi national companies, will hire at usually 35000pkr per month but growth is slow and steady, no over night 3-4X pay hike. (yes it could happen at big and medium companies) . And they give benifits as well. And best part is the timing i.e. Fixed timing. No wasting of your weekends or public holidays in the factories or daily 12-15hr duty.
Do you have a query?