Talk to our experts for free exam and admission counselling
What is the eligibility criteria for B.Com in St Xavier's College, [SXC] Kolkata ?
Asked By: Anonymous 13 May 2016
Answer By: Getmyuni
13 May, 2016
The eligibility criteria for B.Com in St Xavier's College, [SXC] Kolkata is as follows :
No candidate shall be eligible for admission after a lapse of more than three years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination. The year of admission will not be taken into account while calculating 3 years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination.
For admission to all courses other than Bengali Honours, a student must have studied and passed in English in the +2 level. Admission of students failing in English or not having English will be cancelled.
UG Honours/General courses and Integrated Masters courses
- Aggregate is calculated with 4 subjects at +2 level including the compulsory subjects as indicated in the eligibility criteria for application and the subjects having the maximum marks from the rest of the subjects.
- The following subjects must not be included in the calculation of aggregate:
Agriculture Entrepreneurship Fashion Designing Music* Art / Fine Arts* Environmental Education Fashion Studies Physical Education Dance Environmental Science Heritage Craft SUPW Electricity Environmental Studies Home Science Painting Subjects marked with * may be included in aggregate calculation for the courses B.Sc. Mass Communication and M.Sc. Multimedia (integrated).
- Every applicant must fulfil the eligibility criteria as laid down for each course.
- The student must have passed in all the papers as per the respective board/council pass marks.
- The student must have obtained 45% marks in each of the 4 subjects included in the aggregate calculation.
- Marks in all subjects indicated in the +2 level marksheet must be entered in the application form.
- Students passing the GCE examination of the UK are eligible for admission only if they have passed with 2 'A' Levels and 3 'O' levels. Only subjects passed at A-level can be taken as Major for Honours. Such candidates must have completed and passed the "A" level examination at the time of application. Candidates with projected mark sheets are not eligible.
- Students from foreign countries need to produce their English Proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS) if the instruction of study in the qualifying examination is not in English medium.
The College reserves to right to reject the candidature and/or cancel the application / admission at any stage, if an applicant fails to fulfil the above conditions.
|Eligibility Criteria for Application:||Compulsory Subject(s) in +2 level:||English & (Maths/B.Maths/ B.Maths&Eco/Stats)|
|Aggregate calculation:||English+( Maths/B.Maths/ B.Maths&Eco/Stats) + any two|
|Marks requirement for Application:||Agg 60%|
|Selection:||On the basis of index calculated with the board marks in +2 level|
Do you have a query?