Talk to our experts for free exam and admission counselling
What is the admission procedure in Birla Institute of Technology
Asked By: Anonymous 09 May 2016
Answer By: Getmyuni
10 May, 2016
Eligibility Criteria for admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes
- For admission to any of the first degree programmes, Candidates must have passed the requisite Qualifying Examination, which is the General Secondary Education Certificate Examination of Ministry of Education, UAE or Senior School Certificate Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE-12th grade), New Delhi, India, or its equivalent from any recognized State, National or International board with Physics, Chemistry and Maths. (Please refer Equivalency Table given on the right panel for equivalences. If your high school board is not found in the equivalency table, clarification can be sought from the Admissions Office).
The candidates must have obtained a minimum 60% overall aggregate* of marks in the qualifying examination and must have a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects with at least 50% marks in each subject. However, for admission to B.E. Biotechnology, Candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Biology will also be accepted with a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects with at least 50% marks in each subject. If a Candidate has secured less than 50% marks in any one of these subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology but meets the aggregate criteria mentioned above, he/she may be considered for provisional admission. The admission will be confirmed only upon the successful completion of a remedial course in that subject with a minimum grade of 'C', offered by the institute preferably before the commencement of the first semester. If instead of marks any letter grades or GPA are awarded (or any other system of evaluation), their equivalences in marks will be decided by the Admissions Committee..
English is the medium of instruction, therefore good proficiency in English is essential for admission. Candidates who have completed their qualifying examination from Non-English medium must have secured a minimum TOEFL Score of 500 in paper based test or 61 in internet based test or have an IELTS Score of 5 or above. If necessary, they will also be assessed by a campus committee for English comprehension.
Application form and programme details for work integrated learning programmes can be downloaded from the BITS WILP website. Deadline for submission of duly completed application form (alongwith the requisite processing fees of Rs. 1,500/- (Non Refundable) to be paid as per procedure specified in the form) to the Dean, WILPD, BITS, Pilani - 333031 is December 02, 2015.
Payment options for application form (requisite processing fees of Rs. 1,500/- (Non-refundable) as per procedure specified in the form) are specified below:
- Option 1: Pay Online Payment through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card
- Option 2: Pay Rs. 1525/- through cash at all ICICI Bank branches through a Challan(PDF document) which is to be downloaded and printed from this website before making the payment.
- Option 3: Pay through a crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of "BITS, Pilani" payable at
- ICICI Bank Pilani (Branch Code 1538) or
- State Bank of India, Pilani (Code: 11309) or
- UCO Bank, VidyaVihar, Pilani (Code: 0150) or
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, Pilani (Code: 10398) or
In case of Demand Draft drawn on at any other bank (payable at Jaipur), a Demand Draft for Rs. 1600/-, should be submitted.
Please check the demand draft and ensure that it is correct and complete in all aspects such as date, drawee name, bank manager signature, name and code of issuing bank branch and drawee bank branch, amount in words and figures.
In the draft, you must ensure that "Payee" / "Pay" to NAME is written only as "BITS, Pilani" and nothing else.
Please ensure that the Application number and Applicant's name is written clearly on the backside of the demand draft.
Postal address for sending the completed application form:
Birla Institute of Technology & Science
Pilani – 333031
Do you have a query?