Talk to our experts for free exam and admission counselling
What is the admission procedure in Birla Institute of Technology
Asked By: Anonymous 12 May 2016
Answer By: Getmyuni
13 May, 2016
This Information Brochure covers admissions to full-time 3-year (6-semester) Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) programmes 2016 at BIT Jaipur, BIT Lalpur, BIT Noida and BIT Patna Extension Centres, which will commence in July 2016.
How to Apply: (Please see Instructions also for details)
• To start online application, click on the link “Apply Online”, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with anyone.
• To apply for BBA or BCA programme, eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online only [the link is available on Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee of Rs.1,500/- (General candidates) or Rs.1,000/- (SC/ST candidates) through State Bank Collect - net banking or debit/credit card of any nationalized bank in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” within the given time period. [Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances].
• The candidates may use the Online Application Form to apply for the BBA or BCA programme of the Institute at MAXIMUM OF THREE CENTRES, in order of preference by selecting the Centre (Centre of Place for Study) from the prompt. Candidates will not be permitted to alter their preferences at a later stage.
• Use separate application form, in case applying for both BBA and BCA programmes and pay additional application fee.
1. At the time of reporting for verification of documents cum admission, candidates will be required to produce originals of Pass Certificate of Class 10, Marksheets of Class 10 and Class 12, as well as Caste or Special Category certificates in proper format signed by appropriate authority (please see relevant section).
2. Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
3. Candidate must have adequate proficiency in written & spoken English to cope with the programme as all instruction and examinations will be in English only.
Form / Application Numbers:
The Form / Application numbers on each online application form may be noted and cited in correspondence if required. No individual intimation will be sent to candidates.
Documents verification cum Admission:
The Centre-wise list of candidates called for documents verification cum admission will be notified on the Institute website on 22nd June 2016. No individual intimation will be sent to candidates.
(a) Candidates must have minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in Class X*.
(b) Candidates must have passed Class XII* / Equivalent Qualifying Examination with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST/PwD) marks with English and Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Practices as subjects in the qualifying examination.
• Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1 October 1991 in case of General category and 1 October 1986 in case of SC/ST/PwD are eligible for admission. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board Class X (High School) certificate only will be considered as authentic.
• Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
• In case any Board awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board.
• At the time of document verification, candidates will be required to produce originals of Pass Certificate of Class X, Marksheets of Class X and Class XII showing requisite minimum marks, as well as Caste or Special Category certificates in proper format signed by appropriate authority (please see instructions).
• At any level of the studies [Class X or Class XII], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board.
For queries about admission related procedures, status of application, please contact the Admission Office, BIT Mesra. For queries about any Centre, please contact Director of the respective Centre. [Please see directory on the Institute website / Sec .9 for contact details of Mesra and its Extension Centres]
Do you have a query?