Talk to our experts for free exam and admission counselling
What is the admission procedure in BE in SIST
Asked By: Pavan 25 May 2016
Answer By: Getmyuni
30 May, 2016
- Admission of Maharashtra State and OMS candidate to First Year (F.E.) of Bachelors in Engineering (BE)
- Passed Std XII (HSC) as well as secured 50% marks together in Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects and either Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject. (45% for candidates of Backward Class) belonging to Maharashtra State.
- Valid Score at JEE-Main
- Admission for J & K migrant candidates:
- Eligibility criteria remains the same. However, the admissions of J & K Quota candidates are done by DTE MS. Please refer towww.dte.org.in for updated rules and schedule.
- Direct Admission to Second Year-Degree Course in Engineering (Lateral Entry):
- The Candidate must be an Indian National and passed Post-SSC or Post-HSC Diploma Course in Engineering/Technology with at least 45 % marks (40 % marks in the case of candidates from Back-ward class and Physically Handicapped categories belonging to the State of Maharashtra only) in the Appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology from an AICTE approved Institution with English as the medium of instruction at Diploma level.
- The Candidate must be an Indian National and passed B.Sc. Degree from a UGC /Association of Indian Universities recognized University with at least 45% marks (40% marks in the case of candidates from Back-ward class and Physically Handicapped categories belonging to the State of Maharashtra only).
- Mention the Admission test taken with Name and address of the Test Agency and URL of their website.
- Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State (DTE MS) www.dte.org.in has adopted the entrance examination MHT-CET conducted by Govt. of Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell & JEE-Main conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSC), New Delhi (www.cbse.nic.in, www.jeemain.nic.in) .
- Percentage of seats allotted to the candidates as per the Test taken Maharashtra State (MS) candidates-65% ,All India candidates-15% ,Institute Level for all candidates-20%
- Calendar for admission against instate level / vacant seats
The schedule or Centralized Admission Process (CAP) is notified by DTE MS. After the CAP rounds, admissions at institute level/ vacant seats are done. However, candidates should contact the office immediately after declaration of HSC, MHT-CET and JEE-Main results.
- Candidate should feel their online applications to Central Admission Process (CAP) for Institute level & Against Vacant seats if any.
Do you have a query?