Talk to our experts for free exam and admission counselling
What is the admission procedure for B.com (Hons) at Loyola Colleg, Chennai ?.
Asked By: Anonymous 02 Apr 2016
Answer By: Getmyuni
17 April, 2016
APPLYING FOR ADMISSION
Admission to Loyola is competitive. The selection policies and process are unique. We encourage applicants from diverse social, cultural, economic, ethnic and geographical backgrounds.
Loyola gives preference to the students coming from the neighbouring districts. The inclusive tradition of loyola welcomes students from other states and countries.
Women students may apply for all the Post Graduate ourses and also for VISCOM, B.M.M. (Animation) and French in Under Graduate courses.
Students who have completed the Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Course or any other course recognized by the University of Madras as equivalent to it, are eligible for admission to the bachelor's degree course.
The applicants who have passed the following examination should submit an eligibility certificate rom the University of Madras.
• Higher Secondary or equivalent examination conducted by all other State Boards except Tamil Nadu
• All degree (UG/PG) examinations conducted by any university other than University of Madras / foreign countries
If the results are not published for any board before the last date of submission of application, the students are asked to meet the Admission Officer within 3 days after the publication of the results.
Application for admission can be obtained from
• Select Indian Overseas Banks
• By post - send demand draft with a requisition letter.
• Online - download
HOW TO FILL
• Read the prospectus before filling up the application.
• To fill up, follow the given specimen photocopy on page 12 of the prospectus.
• All the relevant columns in the application form must be filled in.
• The attested documents to be enclosed are:
1. The qualifying examination mark statement
2. Community certificate (BC/MBC/DNC/SC/ST)
3. Certificate of proof for differently-abled, sports and ex- serviceman
4. Baptism certificate for Roman Catholics
• Incomplete application forms and applications received after the last date will be rejected.
• Any incorrect, false or misleading information in the application form will disqualify the applicant and if already admitted, will lead to the cancellation of his/her admission.
WHERE TO SUBMIT
The duly filled in application should reach the college within ten days from the date of publication of Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Examination results along with required enclosures. You can submit your filled application form :
• In person – Administrative Block at Loyola College Campus
• By post – send with a self- addressed envelope ( with the required amount of stamp) to THE PRINCIPAL, LOYOLA COLLEGE, CHENNAI-34 to receive your acknowledgement card and the hall ticket.
• The last date for submitting the application for UG courses on or before 22.05.2016
The college is not responsible for any postal mishap.
At the time of interview the original documents of all certificates enclosed with admission application should be produced for verification (See, How to Fill, page 7 of the prospectus).
Communication will be sent only to those who are provisionally selected. They have to present themselves/along with parents for interview with the Principal on the date mentioned in the call-letter. Their absence on the scheduled date will only lead to cancellation of Admission.
The information of selection is sent by post / SMS. Also, their application status will be available at www.loyolacollege.edu from the last week of May 2015
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CHECK THIS LINK - http://www.loyolacollege.edu/about/intro-loyola.php.
Do you have a query?