SSC CGL 2023 Eligibility Criteria Revised: The Staff Selection Commission officials have revised the SSC CGL eligibility criteria 2023 per the official notification. The authorities have extended the deadline to submit the application form and had the SSC CGL 2023 eligibility criteria revised for the candidate's exam from Jul 14 to Jul 27, 2023.
The notification released on the official website reads, "A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination, but the offer of appointment will be given after the eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India."
SSC CGL 2023 Eligibility Criteria Revised: Age
Students must refer to the below age qualifications in the SSC CGL 2023 eligibility criteria revised.
- The minimum age to apply for the SSC CGL exam 2023 is 18.
- The maximum age to apply for the SSC CGL exam 2023 is 32.
- Further, the age eligibility will be calculated on Aug 1, 2023.
- Previously, the commission considered Jan 1, 2023, as the criteria to calculate age.
SSC CGL 2023 Eligibility Criteria Revised: Nationality
Students must refer to the criteria of citizenship below to check the SSC CGL 2023 eligibility criteria revised.
- The candidates must be a citizen of India, a subject of Nepal, Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee to be eligible to apply for the SSC CGL exam 2023.
- If the student is a refugee from the places mentioned above, they must have come to India before Jan 1, 1962, to settle in India permanently, will be eligible.
- Furthermore, a person of Indian origin who migrated from either/or Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam who plans to settle in India permanently is also considered eligible.
Per the released notification about the SSC CGL eligibility conditions 2023, "The requirement of Cycling (8 Kms. in 30 minutes for Male candidates and 3 Kms. in 25 minutes for Female candidates) mentioned in Annexure-XVII, Heading –A, Subheading – "Physical Test", is omitted for both Male & Female candidates for the post of Sub-Inspector in Central Bureau of Narcotics, Ministry of Finance."