"The SET 2022 application procedure began in January and will end tonight June 15. Check how to apply & other exam related details here."
The Symbiosis International University annually organizes its entrance test for admissions to its various courses. Depending on the program and institute you are seeking admission to, you will have to apply for either of the 3 admission tests. The Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT) is for students wanting to pursue BBA-LLB or BA-LLB. Subsequently, the SITEEE is for those seeking admission to the Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) for B.Tech. or B.Sc. (Applied Statistics or Data Science). Similarly, the third – Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET-General) is for those who are applying to almost all other courses offered by the Deemed University.
Furthermore, various centres throughout India will be conducting the SET 2022. Continue reading the article to learn about the application procedure, eligibility, exam structure, and test cities.
Steps to Complete Your Application
For applications to all exams under SET 2022 (SET-General, SLAT,& SITEEE), consider following the steps mentioned below.
- The application window is open from January 25, 2022, to June 15, 2022. Aspirants must visit the website – set-test.org to apply.
- Each applicant can register for 3 courses of choice within SET-General, SLAT, & SITEEE.
- Engineering applicants not appearing for SITEEE, must submit the required documents directly to the concerned institute. They can proceed to submit the documents at the websites – sitpune.edu.in or sitnagpur.edu.in.
- The next step would be to upload your recent passport size colour photograph.
- Then, go through the entered details and check for any mistakes or incorrect information. It is important because the authorities can nullify your application at any time if they discover any misleading information in the application. However, trying to influence a faculty or a management member of the university is grounds for disqualification.
- You can complete these steps and save your application. However, you need to make the payment to process the application further. Payments can be made online or via demand draft before June 15.
- Students can apply for 3 courses. However, they must pay Rs. 1950 as an application fee for the entrance exam. Meanwhile, they must also pay a sum of Rs. 1000 to the concerning institute for the course.
- Any changes that need to be made to your application must be done before June 15. Once the application window closes, students cannot make any further changes, nor can they pay.
SET 2022: Important Dates & Events
Here is a detailed roster of important events and their specific dates leading up to the exam.
|January 25, 2022||Application window commences|
|June 15, 2022||Application window closes|
|June 22, 2022||Admit cards available on the website|
|July 3, 2022 [9:00 am – 10:00am]||SLAT: Exam Date & Time|
|July 3, 2022 [11:30 am – 12:30am]||SET: Exam Date & Time|
|July 3, 2022 [9:00 am – 10:00am]||SITEEE: Exam Date & Time|
|July 12, 2022||Declaration of Results|
Note: The schedule and dates have been confirmed. However, the authorities can alter the dates due to the pandemic or other unavoidable circumstances. The management will notify the students in advance during such cases.
Exam Structure & Syllabus
All 3 admission tests by Symbiosis include different subjects. Albeit, all 3 have the same duration, i.e., 1 hour. Enlisted below are the subjects, the number of questions, and the marks they carry.
|Exam||Subjects||No. Of Questions||Marks|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||12||12|
Students must check the eligibility criteria the university prescribes before proceeding further with their applications. Moreover, those who do not adhere to the requirements will have their applications nullified by the university. In addition, here are the university-listed criteria:
- All students must have passed class 12 or +2 by a recognized Board.
- A minimum score of 45% in the class 12 Board exam is mandatory.
- However, the minimum score requirement for SC/ST category applicants is 40%.
- For those applying to the engineering institutes, it is compulsory to have studied Mathematics and Physics in class 12. Additionally, depending on their opted engineering program, they should have studied other relevant subject(s).
Note: The university has issued a disclaimer against imposters claiming that a donation would guarantee admission. Symbiosis International University does not accept capitation fees.
SET 2022: Exam Centres
The entrance test is scheduled to be held in 80 cities across India. Be that as it may, each student can choose up to 3 cities while applying. Also, the authorities have stated that depending on the situation (caused due to Covid), exam centres and cities might be subject to change. Albeit, the university will notify the students in advance.
Students must confirm their preferred mode of taking the test. Since there are limited seats to offer at exam centres, students must decide whether they wish to take the test online or at a designated centre. The authorities can also eradicate the offline exams or conduct them in a hybrid style, partly online and partly offline. However, the exam is entirely governed by Symbiosis officials.
Besides preparations, students need to follow university-established guidelines. Students must reach the exam centre half an hour before the exam. The venue will be closed for those who come later than half an hour before the test. The entrance exams’ duration is 1 hour, and all 3 will be computer-based tests. Candidates must attempt all questions in the examination. However, there are no negative marks for incorrect answers. Furthermore, students must also print their admit cards and carry them to the exam venue.
If you wish to reach out to the authorities seeking any clarifications, you can contact them at:
- Email – [email protected]
- Phone – 18001032420 or 020-61936226/27.