"President Ram Nath Kovind has finally announced 12 new Vice Chancellor appointments for 12 central universities. Click here to read more"
President Ram Nath Kovind listed the names of the new vice-chancellors for 12 central universities across the country earlier today in a press release. Additionally, the President will visit the Central Universities to meet the newly appointed persons. Nevertheless, 10 vacancies will remain in the top positions even after the appointment.
Earlier in the week, Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan noted that there were a total of 22 vacant Vice Chancellor posts in a statement on social media. However, only twelve positions have been filled in this first wave of appointments. Many of the posts have been vacant for months under the Ministry. Thus, new appointments will likely breathe new life and a sense of stability into the institutions. However, as Education Minister Pradhan stated, there are still many unfilled posts in central universities. Consequently, there will likely be more appointments in the near future.
President-Appointed Vice Chancellors
President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed the following people as vice chancellors:
- Central University of Haryana: Prof. (Dr.) Tankeshwar Kumar
- Central University of Himachal Pradesh: Prof. Sat Prakash Bansal
- Central University of Jammu: Dr. Sanjeev Jain
- Central University of Jharkhand: Prof. Kshiti Bhusan Das
- Central University of Karnataka: Prof. Battu Satyanarayana
- Central University of Tamil Nadu: Prof. Muthukalingan Krishnan
- Central University of Hyderabad: Dr. Basuthkar J. Rao
- Central University of South Bihar: Prof. Kameshwar Nath Singh
- North Eastern Hill University: Prof. Prabha Shankar Shukla
- Guru Ghashidas University: Dr. Alok Kumar Chakrawal
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University: Prof. Syed Ainul Hasan
- Manipur University: Prof. N. Lokendra Singh