"NEET UG 2022 must know topics and important formulas. Find the subject-wise important topics and formulas in this article."
NEET UG 2022 is just around the corner. NEET UG is a single entrance exam for over 66,000 MBBS and BDS seats throughout India. Although candidates start studying for the NEET exam from their 12th grade, it is difficult for them to complete the entire syllabus on time.
NEET UG exam paper contains 180 multiple choice questions on Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, and Botany. Candidates must note that one correct answer carries four marks, whereas one incorrect answer will deduct one mark. Moreover, NEET 2022 exam will be held for 720 marks.
Must know Topics and Formulas to Prepare Well for NEET UG 2022
Listed below are the subject wise must-know topics and formulas:
Tips to Prepare for the Chemistry Section
Check out tips to prepare for Chemistry here:
- From High School to Grade 12, all the topics in Chemistry are equally important.
- Organic chemistry, Physical chemistry, and Inorganic chemistry are the main topics in chemistry. Chemistry comprises chemical equations, numerical calculations, and theoretical topics.
- Inorganic Chemistry: p-block elements, d and f-block elements, coordination compounds
- Physical Chemistry: Solutions, Electrochemistry, States of Matter, Equilibrium, Chemical Kinetics.
- Organic Chemistry: Oxygen and Nitrogen-containing compounds, IUPAC nomenclature.
- Concentrate more on Organic Chemistry as most questions will be based on this topic. Organic Chemistry is considered a scoring topic in Chemistry.
- Refer to the previous year’s NEET question papers and answer keys.
- Class 11 and 12 syllabus differs from the CBSE syllabus. Do compare both the syllabus and learn the missed out topics to improve your knowledge.
- Solve the exercises that are there in NCERT books. Sample Tests can help you improve your ability to solve questions at a rate of one minute for each question.
- Create a topic checklist where you can mark your level of expertise in each chapter/concept to keep track of your preparation.
Tips to Prepare for the Biology Section
Biology is a vital subject in NEET. Check out the following pointers to make your preparations effective:
- Class 11 and 12 Biology syllabuses are equally important, but one must emphasise more on Class 11 Biology.
- According to an analysis of previous year’s NEET question papers, most questions are asked from the unit ‘Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals’ of Class 11. The units ‘Biology for Human Welfare’ and ‘Ecology’ are important in Class 12.
- All concepts related to Human Biology are equally important.
Tips to Prepare for the Physics Section
The following pointers will help you prepare Physics for NEET:
- Thermodynamics, Optics, Electrodynamics, Mechanics, Modern Physics, etc., are some of the significant topics you should start preparing for NEET Physics.
- Class 11 and 12 Physics syllabus are equally important.
- According to previous year question papers, the modules ‘Kinematics and Laws of Motion’ in class XI and ‘Optics and Electronics’ in class XII are very important for NEET 2022.
- Below is the list of important Physics formulae