NEET UG Counselling 2022: Medical Counselling Committee has released a notification for NEET UG Counselling 2022 candidates who wish to change their nationality category from Indian to NRI, and the last date to register for same is today, Nov 27, 2022. Candidates can submit their required documents by visiting their official website mcc.nic.in.
The mop-up phase of NEET UG counselling 2022 registration is open till Dec 2, and the results are announced on Dec 4. Dates for the stray vacancy round have also been affected by the change to the mop-up round schedule. The final date for counselling, Dec 20, has not changed, though.
Conditions Applicable for Converting NEET UG Counselling 2022 Candidates from India to NRI
Below is the list of conditions mandatory for the students to convert their nationality from Indian to NRI.
- Candidates who wish to engage in the counseling process must have cleared NEET 2022.
- In the future rounds of NEET UG counselling in 2022, they would be regarded as NRIs upon changing their nationality.
- They won't be eligible to receive benefits under the Muslim Minority Quota, the Jain Minority Quota, or any other Quota once they have been converted to NRI applicants.
Documents Required for Nationality Change in NEET UG Counselling 2022
Below are the documents required by the candidates if they wish to change their nationality in NEET UG Counselling 2022
- Documents that the sponsorer is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsored).
- Relationship between the candidate and NRI by court orders
- A duly notarized affidavit from the sponsorer stating they would cover the candidate's full course fee.
- Certificate of Sponsorship from the Embassy (Certificate from the Consulate).
- NEET score report for the applicant.
Follow GetMyUni for more such content on the Latest Education News.