"Check out the NEET 2022 revised exam pattern and marking scheme, and analyse the latest exam pattern and marking scheme."
NTA has released NEET 2022 Exam Pattern on their official website, neet.nta.nic.in. The duration of the NEET exam has been extended by 20 minutes (180 to 200 minutes). There will be 200 questions on the exam. However, only 180 questions must be attempted. In addition, each subject, such as Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, and Botany, will be separated into two sections, A and B, each with 35 and 15 questions.
Candidates will have an internal choice in Section B of the new NEET test pattern, which means they can attempt any 10 of the 15 questions. Internal choice is a feature in section B that helps to explain the reduction of the syllabus by multiple boards.
The NEET 2022 exam, like the previous year, will be held in pen-paper style in 13 languages. Those languages are: English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujrati, Kannada, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Malayalam, Punjabi, Odia, and Marathi.
The NEET marking scheme remains the same, with exam takers receiving four points for each correct answer and one point subtracted for each erroneous response. As a result, the paper’s maximum grade will be 720. For effective preparation, it is critical to be knowledgeable about all aspects of the NEET exam pattern.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
NEET 2022 will be held in offline mode, i.e., pen-paper-based exam, on July 17, 2022. Candidates will use an OMR sheet to record their answers.
Here are some of the major points on NEET 2022 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Exam: NEET 2022 is an offline exam, indicating that it is conducted in pen and paper format at test centres.
- Sections: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology are the four sections of NEET 2022
- Time Duration: NEET 2022 exam time has been expanded from 3 hours to 3 hours and 20 minutes, according to revised NEET exam pattern, 2022.
- Questions: Only MCQ-type questions appear on the NEET 2022 question paper. In the NEET 2022 exam, there are no descriptive-type questions.
- Negative Marking: As per the NEET 2022 exam pattern, 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answers.
- Marks Awarded: 4 marks are awarded for each correct answer.
- Number of Questions: Each subject consists of 50 questions, 45 of which must be answered.
- Total Marks: NEET 2022 exam will be held for 720 marks.
NEET 2022 Marking Scheme
According to the NEET 2022 marking scheme, one correct answer carries four marks, whereas one incorrect answer will deduct one mark. NEET 2022 exam will be held for 720 marks.
Here are some of the major points on NEET 2022 Marking Scheme:
- It is not necessary to answer all of the questions. Unanswered questions do not receive a negative mark.
- It is impossible to change the answers because they are marked on OMR sheets.
- Multiple responses to a question will be noted as the incorrect answer, and no marks will be awarded.
|Answer Type||Marks Allocated|
|Multiple Answer/ No Answer||0|