"The National Testing Agency (NTA) is likely to declare the examination date for the NEET 2022 by next week."
Next week, the National Testing Agency (NTA) is likely to declare the examination date for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET 2022. Every year, more than 16 lakh students register for NEET-UG. As per the reports, along with the declaration of the examination date, the NEET 2022 application process is also anticipated to start on the official website shortly
NEET 2022: Eligibility Criteria
There are NEET eligibility criteria that contenders must satisfy to apply for the exam. However, there is no limitation on the number of attempts. Contenders can apply as many times as they desire only if they satisfy the eligibility criteria. After the official announcement, the information brochure will be made available, communicating the detailed NEET 2022 eligibility criteria
Indian nationals, non-resident Indians (NRIs), persons of Indian origin (PIOs), overseas citizens of India (OCIs), and foreign citizens contenders can apply for the exam.
Academic qualifications must be as follows:
- Students who have passed the Higher and Senior Secondary level exam (10th & 12th) or any other equivalent examination with biology/biotechnology, chemistry, physics, and English as principal subjects from an acknowledged board
- Senior secondary level exams (class 12) or equivalent examination appearing contenders can also apply for NEET 2022.
- Contenders must have achieved 17 years as of 31 December 2022
- NTA is yet to announce a judgement on the upper age limit. Consequently, general category contenders of 25 years or above are provisionally qualified to apply.
Minimum Qualifying Percentage
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 exams with a minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) for the general category.
- For PwD contenders, the minimum percentage is 45%, and for OBC, it is 45%.