Benefits of NTA Takeover for NEET 2018 Aspirants
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) will be conducted on 10th May 2018 for students seeking to pursue courses like MBBS or BDS and post-graduate courses like MS/MD in government or private medical colleges across India. The formation of NTA as an independent, self-reliant and autonomous premier testing organization holding examinations like NEET, JEE, NET was proposed this year at the Union Budget 2017. Therefore, NTA will be a single authority for conducting any kind of entrance examinations whether medical, engineering or any other. Since the exams are going to be held twice a year, it’ll give students more time to prepare better and perform better in order to upgrade their scores and also prevent students from dropping a year for preparations.
- With the takeover by NTA the syllabus for NEET which follows the CBSE syllabus of class 11th and 12th will change.
- This will help students from state boards to ace these entrances because of less disparity in the present curriculum.
- The creation of NTA will bring about reliability as its view is to have a standardized difficulty level.
- NTA will be chaired by a well-known educationist appointed by MHRD and the CEO will be the Director-General of the organization who will be assisted by nine verticals headed by academicians and experts.
- The location for the exam centers shall also serve the requirements of rural students as it said to be located at the sub-district and district levels.
- It is likely to benefit the students in every aspect as it will be better employed and aligned to create more uniformity among the preparing candidates.