"The Minister for Higher Education, C.N. Ashwath Narayan will announce the KCET 2022 result shortly today, July 30 around 11 am."
KCET 2022 Result: The Minister for Higher Education, C.N. Ashwath Narayan, will announce the KCET results 2022 shortly today, July 30 at 11 AM. The KCET 2022 result will include details of subject-wise scores, total scores and ranks. More details on how the scores are calculated and the tie-breaking method are discussed here.
Once the Karnataka Common Entrance Test results 2022 are declared by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), students can check their scores on the KCET official website kea.kar.nic.in using their registration number and date of birth.
KCET Result 2022: How Scores Are Calculated?
The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) prepares the KCET 2022 result based on the marks secured by the candidates in the exam. The scores in mathematics, physics, and chemistry will be considered to calculate the total scores of the candidates for engineering.
The KCET 2022 Mathematics exam was conducted on June 16, and the KCET 2022 physics and chemistry exams were held on June 17.
For KCET pharmacy, the scores obtained in biology, physics, and chemistry will be added to determine the total score of the KCET 2022 result.
Also Read: KCET Results 2022: What is QE Marks in KCET
KCET 2022 Results: Tie-Breaking Criteria
When two or more candidates obtain the same marks in the KCET 2022 examination, tie-breaker criteria will be implied. Some ways in which merit is determined based on the marks scored in the KCET 2022 results are as follows:
Tie Breaking Criteria for B.Arch
- The merit of candidates who have scored the same marks in NATA is determined based on the marks obtained in Mathematics in the qualifying exams.
- If the tie still persists, the age factor is considered, and the elder candidate gets the higher rank.
Tie Breaking Criteria for B.Tech and Other Courses
- First preference is given to Biology/ Mathematics marks scored by the candidate.
- If the tie still persists, then the marks in Chemistry/ Physics are taken into consideration.
- If the tie still continues, then the marks in respective subjects in the qualifying examination in considered.
- Finally, merit is determined based on the candidate’s age, wherein the elder candidate will be considered before the younger.
Follow GetMyUni for more such content on the Latest Education News.