"Candidates who wish to appear for JEE Advanced must perform well in JEE Main. Find the minimum marks required for JEE Advanced."
The National Testing Agency (NTA) determines the minimum marks required by JEE Main candidates to qualify for JEE Advanced. In 2022, JEE Main will take place in two phases. As soon as the JEE Main sessions conclude, NTA will declare the JEE Advanced qualifying score. Therefore, candidates should check past cutoff trends to get a rough idea. Moreover, only the top rankers of JEE Main can appear for JEE Advanced.
Minimum Marks Required to Appear for JEE Advanced
Candidates can take JEE Advanced examination if they meet the minimum mark requirements in JEE Main. In addition, they must find out the cutoff of the current year before filling out the application form. Check out the minimum marks required to take JEE Advanced:
- Candidates must rank in the top 2,50,000 in Paper-1 of JEE Main (including all categories).
- The candidate must score at least 75% in their board exams or rank among the top 20 percentile in the Class 12th exams.
- A candidate should have passed Class XII in 2021 to be eligible for admission in 2022.
- For candidates falling under the general category, their birth year should be on or after October 1, 1997. Those belonging to the reserved categories (SC/ST/PWD) will be given a five-year age relaxation.
- Candidates must pass class 12th exams with mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Candidates can only appear twice for JEE Advanced in two consecutive years.
Expected Cutoff for JEE Advanced 2022
The authorities consider the qualifying marks from JEE Mains to determine the JEE advanced cutoff. The scores will be calculated based on the two sessions of JEE Mains 2022. Candidates can expect the following cutoff scores for 2022:
|Category||Minimum Marks Required||Minimum Aggregate Marks Required|
|Common Rank List||6||63|
|OBC-NCL Rank List||5||56|
|GEN-EWS Rank List||5||56|
|SC Rank List||3||31|
|ST Rank List||3||31|
|Common-PwD Rank List||3||31|
|OBC-NCL-PwD Rank List||3||31|
|GEN-EWS-PwD Rank List||3||31|
|SC-PwD Rank List||3||31|
|ST-PwD Rank List||3||31|
Factors Affecting the JEE Advanced Cutoff 2022
The organising authority for JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2022 is IIT Bombay. It will announce the factors that will determine the JEE Advanced cutoff 2022. However, students can expect the following factors:
- The level of difficulty of this particular year’s question paper
- Past trends in JEE Advanced exam cutoff scores
- The total number of candidates who sat for the exam
- Total number of seats available across participating institutions
- Performance of each candidate