"JEE Main 2022 exam postponement comes as a boon for some students and a bane for others. Check out ways to continue focused preparation."
The National Testing Agency has revised the exam dates for both sessions of the JEE Main 2022 exams. Session 1 exams will take place from June 20 to 29, and session 2 exams will be conducted from July 21 to 30. Although most students supported the decision to postpone the JEE main 2022 exam, many others did not seem happy with the decision. Many students believe that the delay in JEE Main exam will put unnecessary pressure on their preparations.
It is undoubtedly a win-win situation to get some extra time to prepare for the JEE Main exam, but at the same time, it might bring laziness and impact your performance. Take a look at the pros and cons of JEE Main 2022 postponement.
JEE Main 2022 Rescheduled: What are the Pros?
One of the main advantages of JEE Main 2022 exam postponement is that students will get additional time to prepare for the exam. Check out the other benefits below:
- Students now have 2 more months to prepare for JEE Main Session 1 exam and 3 months for the session 2 exams.
- Those who have not completed their JEE Main syllabus or were uncertain about their preparation level can take advantage of this extra time.
- With JEE dates now following class 12 board exams, students can prepare for both exams freely.
- Students can prepare and revise for the JEE Main exam over a period of two months with a proper study plan.
What are the Cons?
Due to the delay in JEE Main exam, there is also a great deal of anxiety among students about their performance in the exam. Here are some of the disadvantages of the JEE Main 2022 exam postponement:
- The students who are already well prepared for the exam will have to wait and continue studying, which may affect their preparation.
- There is a possibility that competition levels may rise since students who did not prepare for the exam will use the extra time to secure a place among the top scorers.
- By studying new topics during their last phase of exam preparation, students may end up confusing themselves.
- Some students might decide to take a break from studies, which can affect their preparation and exam performance.
JEE Main 2022 Postponed: How to Prepare Now?
Create a Schedule that You Can Follow
Students must create a proper timetable for the next two months. Ideally, your timetable should align with the timings of the exam. It is also important to know how many hours to put each day into JEE Main exam preparation. While there is no standard duration, 6-8 hours of study per day is optimal.
Revise the Syllabus
Review the entire syllabus of JEE Main 2022 by breaking it down into chapters and subjects. Identify the important topics of every subject and revise these topics regularly.
Practice Mock Papers
Exam preparation is incomplete without mock tests. Solve full-length JEE Main mock tests repeatedly to maintain your time-management, problem-solving skills, and level of preparation. Ideally, aspirants must practice at least 2 JEE main mock tests every week in the actual exam slot timings.
Analyse Your Performance
Attempting mock papers for JEE Main 2022 exam preparation is not enough. You must analyse your mock papers and focus on reducing the errors in the next practice test. This is the most effective way to increase your scores in the actual exam.