"Droppers need to meet certain eligibility requirements to appear for JEE Main 2022. Read more to learn about the latest eligibility criteria."
The National Testing Agency has released JEE Main 2022 eligibility criteria on its official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in. JEE aspirants need to meet some requirements to obtain admission into colleges that accept JEE Main scores. The eligibility requirements of JEE Main 2022 include details such as academic qualifications, nationality, age limit, nationality, mandatory subjects, class 12th marks, etc.
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fail to meet the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2022 will be rejected at any stage of the application process. Therefore, students must check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form for JEE Main 2022. Compared to the previous year’s JEE Main eligibility criteria, 75% of the criteria are removed for admission to NITs and IIITs. Check out the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2022 below:
|Age limit||No age limit|
|Total attempts||After passing class 12th, students can take the JEE Main exam for 3 consecutive years (2 attempts per year).|
Qualifying Exams for JEE Main
Candidates can appear for JEE Main 2022 if they have passed any of the following exams:
- The final examination (10+2 system) conducted by a recognised Central or State board, like the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate/ two-year Pre-University exam conducted by a recognised University/Board.
- The final exam of the 2-year programme of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling. (minimum number of subjects: 5)
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) Vocational Examination
- Diploma recognised by AICTE or the State Board of Technical Education (the duration of such diploma programme must be at least 3 years)
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
JEE Main 2022: Eligibility Criteria for Droppers
As a dropper/repeater, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria to appear for JEE Main 2022:
- The student must have passed their 12th-grade examination in 2021 or 2022.
- Students must obtain a minimum qualifying score for JEE Main 2022.
- Candidates must have taken a minimum of 5 subjects in class 12 or qualifying examination (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are compulsory).
- There is no age limit to take the exam.