"IGNOU officials have extended the application window for the universityâs July 2021 admissions session. Click here to learn more."
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) officials have extended the application window for the university’s July 2021 admissions session. Hence, candidates can now apply online until 16 August 2021 on the official website ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. However, new applicants must first register for the portal by providing basic candidate information to proceed with the admissions process.
Steps to Apply for IGNOU 2021 July Session Admissions
The IGNOU admission registration process has now been extended. Hence, candidates can still register for university programmes on the official website by following the steps given below.
- Go to the institute’s official website.
- Then, select the “Click here for new registration” link on the homepage.
- A new window will open on the screen.
- Then, register for the admissions portal by providing candidate information such as name, email address, and mobile number.
- Complete the captcha code process and select the “submit” button to proceed.
- Afterwards, log in to the admissions portal with the given credentials.
- Then, fill out the application form with personal, communication, and academic information.
- Pay a non-refundable INR 200 registration fee through online means.
- Finally, verify and submit the application form.
IGNOU Introduces New Programmes
This year, Indira Gandhi National Open University has created a new diploma course in PGDDC (Development Communication). IGNOU Vice-Chancellor Professor Nageshwar Rao launched the degree on 25 June 2021. Henceforth, the IGNOU School of Journalism and New Media Studies will oversee this new programme.
In addition, the IGNOU School of Humanities is introducing a new MA in Jyothish course over the open distance learning (ODL) mode. Hence, candidates can now apply for these programmes during the July admissions session.