IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Kharagpur officials have announced that the GATE 2022 online application will now be available from 2 September 2021. Hence, candidates can apply for the assessment without additional late fees on the official website, gate.iitkgp.ac.in, by 24 September 2021. Afterwards, the registration facility will still be available with an additional fee of INR 500 by 1 October 2021. Earlier, the registration was supposed to start on 30 August, but due to some technical difficulties, it has been delayed to 2 September 2021.
Officials will open the application modification facility online from 1 to 12 November 2021. Furthermore, the admit card will be available on the official website on 3 January 2021. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2022 will take place in an offline testing mode on 5, 6, 12, and 13 February 2021.
Steps to Apply for GATE 2022
Application forms for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2022 will soon be available online. Hence, interested candidates must register online by following the steps given below.
- Go to the official website – gate.iitkgp.ac.in
- Then, register for the GOAPS portal by providing the candidate’s name, nationality, email address, mobile number, and password.
- Afterwards, the system will send an OTP to the registered mobile number and email address.
- Complete the OPT verification process to proceed.
- Then, log in with the given user credentials.
- Fill out the application form with personal, academic, and communication information.
- Then, choose the preferred GATE testing location.
- Upload the required documents as per the prescribed formatting specifications.
- Then, pay the application fee through online means.
- Finally, preview and submit the registration form.