Eligibility Criteria for PU CET 2018
The eligibility criteria for appearing in PU CET UG are as follows:
- Applicant must have passed the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects or its equivalent Examination conducted by a recognized Board or University to cover all the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants who have passed/appeared in 10+2 Examinations of Mahila Gram Vidyapeeth, Allahabad are not in the eligibility criteria to appear for the PU CET (BHMS) Entrance Test, as this institution has been derecognised by Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- The list for all the recognized universities are mentioned on the official website of PU CET, interested candidates can obtain the list from the official website of PU CET UG.
- The eligibility criteria for applying to PU CET and appearing in PU CET is to be an Indian citizen.
- Foreign citizens can apply for PU CET via NRI quota to get the eligibility criteria and be able to appear for the PU CET.
- Applicant belonging to SC Category must submit the certificate regarding their category duly signed by the officers mentioned in the PU CET form. Applications containing the signature of any other officer will not be accepted to get the eligibility criteria.
Reservation system for PU CET:
For Physically Handicapped candidates:
Candidate suffering from Locomotor disabilities of Lower Limbs between 50% - 70%
candidates suffering from Locomotor Disabilities of Lower Limbs between 40% - 50%
- Applicants will be enrolled under the eligibility criteria laid down by the Chandigarh Administration/Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Applicants who are blind, (including colour blind) deaf, and dumb are not in the eligibility criteria.
Important points of eligibility criteria:
The eligibility criteria for appearing in PU CET PG vary from one course to another. The common points are listed as follows:
- The applicant must have passed the qualifying examination (Bachelor degree program or equivalent from a recognised university) for a particular course with a minimum of 50%-55% marks (depending upon the course for which applying).
- The applicants appearing for the qualifying exam are also in the eligibility criteria
- The applicants must have passed their qualifying exams by the time of admission.
- Further details can be obtained from the official website for PU CET PG.
Age Limit for PU CET 2018:
The candidate must be 17 years of age on 31st December in the year of enrollment for being able to cover up the eligibility criteria to apply for PU CET 2018 for the undergraduate courses.