Candidates aspiring to study at Manipal Academy of Higher Education can apply for the MET (Manipal Entrance Test). Conducted at the national level, MET helps applicants get into PG, UG, and other specialized courses offered by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
Latest News on MET 2021
- MET 2021 Admit Card Released @manipal.edu; Download Now - Published on April 9, 2021
MET 2021 Phase 1 Slot Booking Commences - Published on April 8, 2021
- April 8, 2021: The slot booking process for MET 2021 Phase 1 Exam starts today. Candidates who have registered for phase 1 can book their required slot on or before April 12, 2021. The admit card will be available once the candidate books the slot.
- March 31, 2021: Today is the last date to apply for the MET Phase 1 exam. The registrations for Phase 2 of the exam starts tomorrow, i.e; April 1, 2021.
- December 11, 2020: The application process for Manipal Entrance Test 2021 started today. The last date to submit the application form is March 31, 2021. Phase 2 registrations will be held from April 1 to May 25, 2021. Candidates can find the direct link to apply in the application form section.
- What is MET?
- MET 2021 Exam Date
- MET 2021 Eligibility
- MET 2021 Syllabus
- MET 2021 Registration
- How to apply for MET?
- MET 2021 Application Form
- MET 2021 Exam Pattern
- MET 2021 Admit Card
- MET 2021 Result
- MET 2021 Counselling
- MET 2021 Preparation
What is MET?
The full form of MET is Manipal Entrance Test. MET is a university level entrance test, conducted by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). MAHE offers seats into 218 programs in 19 disciplines through MET 2021.
MAHE is one of the largest technical institutions in Asia, considering the size, the number of colleges affiliated to it and its geographic dispersion.
MAHE: T.M.A Pai established MAHE in 1953 as Kasturba Medical College. Later it was renamed to Manipal Academy of Higher Education. Currently there are 19 colleges and 7 departments under MAHE.
- Courses: The Manipal Academy of Higher Education offers 218 programs in 19 disciplines through MET Exam.
- Affiliation: There are a total of 19 colleges affiliated to MAHE and there are 7 departments in it.
- Syllabus: Candidates can refer to the MET 2021 syllabus to prepare for the test. MET 2021 syllabus is released by the conducting body. Candidates can download MET sample papers and refer them to prepare for the exam.
- Enrollment: Currently, around 28,000 students from 57 nations are studying various programs in colleges/institutions, affiliated to MAHE.
- Application Form: Candidates can apply for MET 2021 through the online application only. The online application form for MET 2021 is available from Dec 11, 2020 till Mar 31, 2021.
|Exam Name||Manipal Entrance Test|
|Conducted by||Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)|
|Exam level||University level exam|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 4 marks|
|Negative Marking||For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted|
|Duration of Exam||2 and a half hours|
|Total Number of B.Tech Seats through MET 2021||2,160|
MET 2021 Exam Date
Candidates can now check the important dates of MET 2021 to know the important details regarding the application dates, date of examination, counselling dates, rank announcement or merit list, result dates, and more. MET 2021 important dates will help the candidates appearing for the exams. Make sure that you do not miss out on any important dates regarding the exam.
Candidates should also be aware of the MET 2021 Exam Date along with all other MET important dates. Some of the important dates which candidates should remember are:
- Application form Release Date: MAHE will release MET 2021 application form on Dec 11, 2020 and the last date to apply is Mar 31, 2021. The application forms for MAT Phase 2 will be accepted from April 1 May 25, 2021.
- MET 2021 Slot Booking: Manipal slot booking for Phase 1 will be conducted from April 8 to April 12, 2021. For phase 2, it will be conducted from June 3 to June 6, 2021.
- Exam Date: MAHE will conduct MET Phase 1 exam as a remote proctored online test from Apr 16, 2021 to Apr 20, 2021.
|Start Date of filling Application Form||Phase 1: Dec 11, 2020
Phase 2: April 11 to May 25, 2021
|Last Date of filling Application Form||Phase 1: Mar 31, 2021
Phase 2: May 25, 2021
|Slot Booking||Phase 1: April 8, 2021, to April 12, 2021
Phase 2: June 3, 2021, to June 6, 2021
|Admit Card Availability|
|Examination Date||Phase 1: Apr 20, 2021Apr 20, 2021Apr 16, 2021 to Apr 20, 2021
Phase 2: June 9, 2021, to June 15, 2021
|Release of Merit List||June 19, 2021|
|Release of Score Card||To be announced|
|Results||To be announced|
|Counselling||To be announced|
MET 2021 Eligibility
The prescribed MET eligibility criteria have aspects like nationality, qualification, age, and marks scored in the qualifying exam, etc. MAHE sets the eligibility criteria for various courses offered through MET exam. Candidates should satisfy all criteria set by MAHE else he/she will be subjected to rejection. The eligibility criteria varies from course to course. As per eligibility criteria, candidates applying for the MET exam should have passed 10+2 or have any other equivalent qualification with an average of 50% or above marks.
The detailed information on general eligibility criteria is given below.
- Education: The candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in relevant subjects.
- Intermediate graduates or equivalent examination from a recognized board can register.
- UG Programs: Candidates should have taken relevant subjects in their 10+2 or its equivalent education.
- PG Programs: Candidates should have done their UG in a relevant program.
- Lateral Entry: Candidates require to have passed in 12th standard / A level / IB / American High School diploma or equivalent with English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other Life Sciences subjects as optional subject and a minimum of 55% marks taken together in Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other Life Sciences subject.
There is an age criterion to attempt the MET exam for some of the courses offered by MAHE.
- Foreign nationals can apply for MET, but they should have all the neccessary certificates prescribed by MAHE.
- The admission process for foreign nationals will be carried out based on merit in the qualifying exam.
MET 2021 Syllabus
MAHE has released a specific syllabus for various programs in MET. The syllabus for admissions into UG programs through MET will be based on the 10+2 syllabus. The questions that come for the MET entrance exam is prepared according to the syllabus of MET 2021. Thorough understanding of MET 2021 syllabus will help the candidates to prepare themselves for the entrance exam.
Some of the important details are given below:
- Test papers: MAHE has divided MET 2021 paper into five sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and General English.
- MET 2021 Syllabus will concentrate on student's grasp on the 11th and 12th syllabus and also the candidate's fluency in English.
- Difficulty Level: The Questions will in MET be based on 10+2 syllabus, followed by the major 10+2 Boards/Universities.
MET 2021 Registration
Candidates who haven't registered for MET 2021 will not be allowed to write the exam. Fee payment can only be done through online mode. The Online Application Form for MET was made available from Dec 11, 2020 on the official website. Candidates willing to write the MET Exam should follow the steps given to successfully fill the 2021 MET application form.
Candidates can apply for MET 2021 till Mar 31, 2021. Candidates are supposed to know the details of the application process, MET 2021 application form Details and various documents required. Important events and their dates that are related to the MET 2021 registration process are given in the table below.
|S.No||MET 2021 Registration Events||Phase 1 Dates||Phase 2 Dates|
|1||Start of MET Registrations||Dec 11, 2020||April 11, 2021|
|2||Last Date of MET Registrations||Mar 31, 2021||May 25, 2021|
How to apply for MET 2021?
Students willing to appear for MET 2021 will have to register for the exam by visiting the official site of MET 2021. Process of filling the application form for MET involves 5 steps which are:
- Step 1: Eligible candidates have to fill in their personal information, course, category, and location. After successfully filling the application form, candidates will receive their login credentials.
- Step 2: Candidates have to log in using their credentials and should enter their contact details.
- Step 3: In this step, candidates should enter their qualification details.
- Step 4: Candidates should choose 2 exam centres, the programs and should pay the fee.
- Step 5: The applicants should check their details and confirm that all the details are correct.
MET 2021 Application Form
The application form for MET will be available on the official website from Dec 11, 2020. The last date to apply for MET is Mar 31, 2021. MET 2021 application form is available as an online application.
Application Form: Candidates who want to participate in MET 2021 have to fill and submit the application form via online mode.
Application Form Fee: The application form fee for MET is INR 2000 (Test Fee- INR 1400 and Course Fee-INR 600). For NRI/Foreign International students, the application fee is INR 2500.
Payment: Candidates can pay the MET 2021 application fee through both online and offline mode of payment. Candidates can pay through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ Demand Draft.
Note: The slot booking is a very important and essential step in the application process without which the candidates will not receive their admit cards. Candidates must book their slots by entering their application number and the password. The candidate can book the exam time, exam date along with the exam city or exam centre as per the convenience of the candidate. There are multiple exam dates and multiple time slots that a candidate can choose from. A single day will have three different time slots. The candidate will get two attempts at choosing the right slot. However, an extra amount will have to be paid for the second attempt.
MET 2021 Exam Pattern
MAHE conducts MET 2021 as a computer-based exam for two and a half hours (150) minutes. MET 2021 exam pattern informs the candidates about the expected questions, mode of exam, exam duration, marking scheme, etc. The exam pattern of MET 2021 can help the candidates to plan out for the exam and prepare themselves and study accordingly. So the candidates need to be familiar with the exam pattern.
There are different marking schemes for different courses.
- B.Tech, M.Sc, and M.Tech: Correct answer: (+) 4 marks. Incorrect answer: (-) 1 mark;
- Other courses: Correct answer: (+) 1 mark. There is no negative marking. Candidates can take advantage of this by answering all the questions.
The exam pattern for B.Tech course is given as follows:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|English & General Aptitude||30|
Exam Pattern for BBA Course in MET is given as follows
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
Exam Pattern for MCA course is given as follows:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
MET 2021 Admit Card
Candidates will be issued MET 2021 admit card only if they have booked their slots using the Online Test Booking System (OTBS). The dates for slot booking haven't been issued yet. Only the candidates who have submitted their application form and have made their fee payment are eligible to receive the admit card.
The Manipal Entrance Test admit card can be downloaded from the official website of MAHE. Applicants need to carry a printout of the same with them to the exam hall. Without it, candidates would not be allowed to write the exam.
|E-hall ticket number||
|Slot booking||MAHE will issue admit cards to candidates who have booked their slot using OTBS.|
How to download MET Admit Card?
Candidates can visit the official website of the MET 2021 and log in using their credentials (Application Number and password generated during the application process). Once you have logged in, you can view the MET 2021 admit card and download it.
MET 2021 Exam Centres
MET 2021 exam centres are spread all across India. Candidates can choose their preferred exam centre where they are willing to write the exam according to their convenience. Candidates can select 2 exam centres of their preference when they are applying for the MET 2021. Candidates can choose from MET exam centres located in India, Dubai, and Portblair.
Candidates can choose up to 2 exam centres based on their convenience and they will be allotted based on the availability of slot in that exam centre. Given below is the list of states and their cities where the MET 2021 exam centres are located.
|Andhra Pradesh||Anantapur, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool|
|Bihar||Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Baroda, Rajkot, Surat|
|Haryana||Gorakhpur, Gurugram, Faridabad|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Manipal, Mysuru, Shivamogga Belgaum, Bengaluru, Mangaluru|
|Kerala||Ernakulam, Kannur, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune, Thane|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Mohali, Ludhiana|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Trichy|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Khammam, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Noida, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Kolkata, Siliguri|
|Union Territory||Chandigarh, Delhi|
MET 2021 Results
Candidates who have appeared for the MET can get the results of the same online. MAHE will release the MET 2021 results on the official website. MET result date will vary depending on the course.
Once they receive their scorecards, they can check their scores. Admission into the Manipal Academy of Higher Education would be done based on the ranks secured by candidates in the MET exam.
In the case of a tie-breaker in ranks then the following points would be taken into consideration
- The candidates who manage to score higher marks in Mathematics will be considered.
- If the tie still exists then the candidates who will score higher marks in Physics will be considered.
- If it is still a tie then candidates who will score higher marks in Chemistry will be considered.
- If the tie still exists then candidates who will be elder will be considered.
How to download MET Result?
MAHE will announce results for various courses on different dates. You can visit their official website and enter your application number. Once you have entered your correct application number submit it, you will be able to view and download MET 2021 result.
MET 2021 Counselling
Counselling dates for MET vary for different courses. Counselling schedule will be announced by the Institution after the results are declared.
The absence of the candidate or representative at the indicated reporting time and date for counselling will result in the instantaneous forfeiture of the candidate to claim a seat.
Required Documents for MET 2021 Counselling are:
- MET admit card
- MET scorecard or rank card
- 10th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- 12th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Character certificate
- Category certificate (if required)
MET 2021 Preparation
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is considered as one of the well-renowned colleges in India. To get into MAHE one needs to properly-plan out and create a preparation strategy for themselves to crack the MET 2021 examination. Given below are a few steps that would help you clear the MET 2021.
- Get done with the basics first - Make sure that you are clear enough with the basics. Go through the Class 11 and 12 PCM textbooks. Understand the concepts and note down the equations, important formulas, theorems. And revise them regularly.
- Take up mock tests and solve question papers - Solving question papers will give you a better idea about the exam. Also, you will get a clear idea about where you stand and discover which areas you need improvement in.
- Time Management - Even though there is no negative marking you need to learn time management. You will only have 150 minutes to answer 200 questions. This would put your time managing skills to test.