IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is an autonomous body that conducts IBPS Clerk Exam, a common written exam or CWE, every year to recruit candidates for clerical cadre in multiple banks all over the country.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2020
Candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations, based on merit-cum-preference based on reservation guidelines. The provisional allotment shall be done on the basis of final vacancies reported by the Participating Organisations.
- Category: A candidate belonging to the reserved category, selected on the basis of norms as applicable to General Category, will be treated at par with a General Category candidate.
- Seniority: In the event of two or more candidates having obtained the same score, merit order is decided as per Date of Birth (the candidate senior in age is placed before/above the candidate junior in age), as per the prevailing practice.
- Self-Promotion: Any canvassing or creating influence for undue advantage shall lead to disqualification from the process.
- Medically Fit: Candidates are provisionally allotted based on the candidates being medically fit as per the hiring bank's requirements. IBPS has no role to play here.
- Identification Verification: Candidates need to provide valid identification proof for verification before selection or appointment. This does not constitute an offer of employment.
- Role of Participatory Organisation: Verification of documents for eligibility and ascertainment of proficiency of local languages will be done by the participating organization for the allotted candidates and they have the right to cancel candidature if there is any discrepancy. The decision of the participating organizations is final.
- Role of IBPS: IBPS reserves the right to change (cancel/modify/add) any of the criteria, the method of selection, provisional allotment, etc. The decision of IBPS is final.
- The Offer of Appointment: Issuance of an offer of appointment including terms and conditions, formalities for verification, joining, etc. is solely the decision of the Participating Organisations. IBPS shall have no role therein.
IBPS Clerk 2020 Remuneration
Payscale of an IBPS Clerk is Rs 11,765 – Rs 42,020. The main allowances that a bank clerk gets are as follows. In Bank, DA is revised quarterly and is based on CPI as declared by the banks i.e. DA can go up with higher CPI and vice versa. Apart from DA, there are other emoluments which are given below.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): This varies according to the clerk’s place of posting. And it can be 8.50%, 7.50% and 6.50% depending on the city of posting.
- Medical Allowance: This allowance is paid annually. And for a clerk, it is fixed in INR 2000/-.
- Transport Allowance (TA) – It is also an addition to the IBPS clerk take-home salary.
IBPS clerk in-hand salary is INR 19,461/-.
IBPS Clerk Remuneration Break-Up 2019:
|Basic Pay||INR 11765/-|
|Special Allowance||INR 911/-|
|Transport Allowance||INR 425/-|
|HRA (for Population above 45 lakhs)Note: for the population below 45 lakhs the HRA will be Rs.1058||INR 1176/-|
|Gross Monthly CTC||INR 19589/-|
The new salary structure for bank jobs was made valid from 1st November 2017:
|Rank||Existing Basic Pay||Revised Basic Pay||Annual Increment – New|
|Clerk||Starting||Closing||Starting||Closing||1500/3 – 1900/8 – 2400/8|
Candidate should produce valid prescribed documents supporting the IBPS Clerk 2020 Eligibility criteria while joining, as requested by the participating organization. If candidates fail to provide such documents, the candidature will be canceled.
- Application Form: Online application form registered for CWE Clerks X.
- Proof of Date of Birth: Birth Certificate issued by the competent municipal authorities or SSLC/Std. X certificate with DOB.
- ID Proof: Photo Identify proof in the required size and format.
- Mark Sheets: Mark-sheets & certificates of graduation or equivalent qualification.
- Caste Certificate: Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority as stipulated by the Government of India in the case of SC/ST/OBC category candidates.
- Note: Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming under creamy layer and/ or if their caste does not find a place in the Central List are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as General in the online application form.
- Certificate of Disability: Disability certificate issued by the District Medical Board.
- Ex-Servicemen Candidates:
- Candidates who are released/retired from Armed Forces are required to submit a certificate as per Proforma A.
- Candidates who are still in the Armed Forces and desirous of applying under Ex-Servicemen category should submit Proforma B.
- Those candidates who have completed their initial period of assignment and who are on extended assignment are required to submit the certificate as per Proforma D.
- Dependents of servicemen killed in action or those who have been severely disabled have to produce satisfactory documentary proof of the fact.
- Government Employees: Candidates serving in Government/quasi-govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (Including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of joining.
- Persons Under Age Relaxation:
- Persons eligible for age relaxation under II (5) must produce the death certificate of husband/ documents in support of divorce or judicial separation and an affidavit/ declaration that they are not remarried.
- Persons eligible for age relaxation under II (6) must produce the domicile certificate at the time of joining/ at any stage of the subsequent process from the District Jurisdiction where he/she had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated in this regard by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir to the effect that the candidate had ordinarily domiciled in the State of J&K.
- Persons eligible for age relaxation under II (7) must produce a certificate from the District Magistrate to the effect that they are eligible for relief in terms of the Rehabilitation Package for 1984 Riot Affected Persons sanctioned by the Government. And it must have been communicated by the Ministry of Finance, Dept. of Financial Services communication No.F.No.9/21/2006-IR dated 27.07.2007.
- Persons eligible for age relaxation under II (8) above must produce an affidavit/ certificate in support of their claim of belonging to regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only) category.
- Experienced Candidates: Experience certificates, if any provided by the organization, must be produced.
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility.