Steps to submit CAT Application Form
CAT Exam Application Process 2019
To apply for CAT Exam a candidate has to apply online only i.e he or she cannot apply for CAT by post or offline methods. Details regarding the entire procedure to fill the form, the application fee is provided below.
Additional information regarding CAT Application is provided in CAT 2019 Application Form section.
CAT Exam Application Filling step-wise Procedure
Step 1: Go to the official website at iimcat.ac.in. You should note that you can fill the form only on a browser that supports Internet Explorer (version 11 and above) or Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61) or Google Chrome (version 50 to 69) for CAT 2019 Exam.
Step 2: Click on "Register Now" and create a profile by entering your first and last name, valid email Id and valid mobile number. You will receive CAT 2019 User ID and Password to your registered email id and mobile number. This information should be kept safely until the last phase of the exam.
- Step 3: Fill the CAT 2019 Registration form and get the Official login credentials.
- Login Credentials: The CAT 2019 Login Details contains the User ID and Password. With the received credentials, the candidates can log onto the CAT 2019 website. After submitting the Registration form, the candidates will receive their CAT 2019 Login Details on the email address that they have provided.
- Step 4: As modification is not allowed in the application form after submission, the candidates should fill in their details with care. Applicants will need to fill the following information:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Enter the Captcha as displayed in the Captcha box.
- Read the Declaration section and select "I Agree" to proceed to submit the CAT 2019 Application.
- You should note that once entered and submitted, No change can be done to the above-mentioned details in the CAT 2019 Application Form, so read the entire form carefully and make sure there are no spelling errors before you submit the form.
- Your name should be same as in 10th Standard or SSC Certificate. If there is a change of name due to marriage or any other reason, candidates need to submit a valid document like a court affidavit or marriage certificate to support the same.
- CAT Application Form has the option to specify as Transgender along with the Male or Female. If you choose transgender, you should provide a valid medical certificate as proof when asked to produce.
- In order to apply under the PWD category, the Disability Percentage should be equal to or more than 40 percent.
- Step 5: On successful login, the candidates will be able to access the CAT 2019 Application Form. The candidates are required to log in through their CAT 2019 Login Credentials and fill the Application Form. Click on the "Existing User" button.
- Forgotten Password: If the candidates forget the password, then click on “Forgot Password" to receive a new CAT 2019 password through their CAT registered an Email address.
- Step 6: There are five sections in the CAT 2019 form which an applicant is supposed to fill:
- Personal Information
- Aadhaar Card Number (not mandatory)
- Work Experience
Note: Only full-time work experience will be counted and you have to enter the work experience in the number of months completed as on July 31 2019, along with the industry type.
- Step 7: Uploading Documents - you have to upload a scanned image of recent passport size photograph and signature. You should make sure the photograph and signature should be clearly visible and legible, and as per the dimensions, resolution and size mentioned as below:
|Not more than 80 KB|
|150 px/inch (min)|
|30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height)||80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height)|
Fee Payment: You are not allowed to make any changes in the application after this stage. After paying the CAT 2019 ApplicationFee, the candidates will receive a confirmation e-mail. Here, they can take a printout of the CAT 2019 form or save the file.
- Step 8: Choose the CAT Exam Centre. You can choose up to 4 centres, and give the closest to you or the one you desire the most, higher preference. The conducting authority tries to allot your top preference cities but if it is not available then the next preference will be allotted. Keep in mind, once allotted, the test center cannot be changed.
- Next thing to choose is your desired Programme. IIMs offer courses like PGP, PGP-FABM, PGPEM, PGDM, EPGP PGPSM, PGPWE, PGDHRM, PGPEX, and PGPBM. Once you are done making the choices, you are good to Submit the form.
CAT 2019 Application Process - Documents
Candidates must fill important academic information that is available on their valid documents. The details to be mentioned are given below.
- Class 10 marks
- Class 12 marks
- Undergraduate programme overall score
- Master's degree overall score
- Other professional courses
Work Experience Details
Candidates can also apply their valid work experience if any in terms of a number of months. All aspirants with work experience must enter the type of industry they worked for. Internships, part-time jobs, pre-degree work and the like will not be considered as valid work experience. Only fulltime work will be considered.
CAT 2019 Choosing Programmes
All candidates must choose the programme offered by each college according to his or her requirement. Commonly the courses offered are PGP or PGDM Programmes.
Candidates applying for PGP or PGDM programmes at the below given IIMs are expected to choose the same interview city for their further selection rounds.
- IIM Udaipur
- IIM Tiruchirappalli
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Kashipur
CAT Exam 2019 Application Fee Payment Method
- Fee: A SC/ST /PWD candidate will be charged INR 950/- while an NC-OBC/General candidate will be charged INR 1900/- to take the CAT 2019 Examination. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges as per the table below.
- Declaration: In the final section, the Declaration window will appear, tick "I agree" and click on "Submit and Pay" button.
- Online Fee Payment: Make the Payment using a Credit card, Debit card or Net Banking option. The candidate will get Transaction number after the successful transaction of the CAT 2019 Fee. Then the page will redirect to the CAT 2019 official website.
- Confirmation of Fee: You will also receive a confirmation mail stating the successful submission of your application within a few minutes. The email will also contain communication on additional details such as CAT Admit Card download window.
CAT 2019 Correction Window
- The correction facility will only be available for those who have successfully filled the CAT Registration fee.
- After filling and submitting the application form, upon previewing if your photograph and signature appear blurred or improper you will be given an opportunity to log in and re-upload your photograph within the correction window.