The field of medicine and surgery is one of the most sought after professions by students who have always been interested in Biology. It provides better career opportunities and facilities all over the world. There are various state-level and national-level MBBS entrance tests such as NEET and AIIMS.
Top MBBS Entrance Exams in India
Getting admission to a medical school is just as hard as graduating from it because this is one of the most sought after professional courses in the country. This is why MBBS entrance exams were introduced to facilitate the entrance of aspiring and competitive candidates into good medical schools across the country. Here is a list of a few of the well-known MBBS entrance exams:
MBBS Entrance Exams Eligibility Criteria
It is important to know about the eligibility criteria before applying for an examination. Here are the criteria for a few examinations conducted in India. If the candidate is found to be ineligible, then his/her candidature will be cancelled immediately without any refunds on the application fee.
- Candidate should be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Candidate should a citizen of India. Foreign national students can apply after getting their eligibility confirmed by the concerned medical/dental college.
- Indian candidates should have graduated from class 12 with at least 50% aggregate score and must have individually passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English.
- Foreign national candidates should have graduated from class 12 or equivalent with 50% aggregate score in the qualifying examination along with passing in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English individually as per the regulations of the Medical Council of India, the concerned university and the Association of Indian Universities.
- The candidate should be of 17 years in age in the year of applying for the examination.
- Candidate must have completed their 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 60% aggregate score in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates are required to qualify in the NEET UG examination.
- Candidates should have graduated from class 12 with at least 50% aggregate score and should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 12 or equivalent courses.
- Candidates who are citizens of India will have to provide a proof in nationality such a government-issued ID card.
MBBS Entrance Exams Pattern
Knowing about the exam pattern will give you an edge in the preparation process for the examination.
|AIIMS MBBS Exam Patten||The question paper is set in English and Hindi. Candidates can state their language preference while filling the application form. The computer-based test paper consists of 200 multiple-choice questions. The paper consists of 5 sections - Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge, Logical Aptitude. Every correct response is awarded 1 mark and incorrect response with a negative 1/3rd of a mark.|
|CMC Vellore Exam Pattern||This is a computer-based test conducted for 3 hours and 10 minutes. The paper consists of 300 multiple choice questions based on the MBBS syllabus. Each correct answer carries 1 mark and there is no negative marking. There are 4 sections in the exam paper - Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and General Ability.|
|NEET Exam Pattern||This is a pen and paper-based test where the candidates are given an OMR sheet to mark the answers. The paper contains 180 multiple-choice questions divided into three sections i,e; Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Each correct answer is rewarded with 4 marks and every incorrect response results in a negative marking of 1 mark.|
Exam pattern and syllabus play an important part in the preparation process. You can find out the topics you are weak in and work on them more by understanding the syllabus. The exam pattern will help you understand how to navigate through the exam paper and time yourself while taking practice tests.
Why choose a career in medicine?
A career in medicine is one of the most respected professions in the world. This profession allows you to potentially impact human life and provides great satisfaction in knowing that you are of great social service.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider choosing a career in medicine.
- Job security:
In this career, the professional qualification is more than enough to allow you a stable income from at least 50 to 100 patients even if you had a small clinic. This is because good health is one of the important factors in a person’s life and a doctor is someone who can help them maintain stable health conditions.
- Valuable career:
Medicine is a valuable career choice because graduating from the course is not an easy task. But the course and the syllabus is created in such a way that your intellectual strength grows as you progress through the course.
This is the most respectable profession among all. Doctors have their own unique identity in society and people give them the respect they deserve.
- Future Assurance:
A lot of students choose to do a PG course after their bachelor’s course. But with an MBBS degree that is not the case. If you want to start your career after your MBBS, you can surely do so without having to worry about getting a job offer as you can set up your clinic to treat patients locally as long as you can get all the required licenses.
Lastly, the coronavirus pandemic has been causing havoc all over the world with people constantly in the fear of getting infected by it. Doctors are one of the few people who are fighting this disease on the frontlines and directly risking their lives to save the lives of so many others. Doctors have always been a part of social service with some serving in the military, some working in highly remote areas where chances of rare diseases are relatively higher. If you are someone who wants to be of service to the world, you should consider applying for MBBS or related courses.
A good score in the MBBS entrance exam means a higher chance of getting admission into a good medical college. This is why preparing for the examination accordingly is one of the most important processes towards clearing the MBBS entrance exam.
Medicine is a great career path for an individual who is passionate about human welfare and helping others in a certain way with the added benefit of financial stability.
People Also Search For
- Polytechnic Entrance Exams
- BCA Entrance Exams
- BSc Nursing Entrance Exams
- B.Tech Entrance Exams
- BBA Entrance Exams
- B.Ed Entrance Exams