The National Testing Agency or NTA conducts the JEE Main examination two times in a year via computer-based test. It has organised the JEE Main 2020 exam for both the January & April session. Earlier the Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE was coordinating the JEE Main examination in both online & offline (Pen & Paper-based) modes. The candidates who appeared for the JEE Main 2020 examination observed so many advantages by the commencement of the computer-based test. These incorporate:
- During the exam, the candidate can re-answer any question anytime.
- The candidate can also mark the problems for review and can answer later as well.
- Earlier, candidates have to fill small bubbles in the OMR Sheet, but now they can select any answer for the given question.
- Through this, candidates can save their precious time and can spend more time on complex problems.
JEE Main Toppers List 2020 (April/September)
The National Testing Agency or NTA conducted the JEE Main 2020 April/ September session between September 1, 2020, and September 6, 2020. The April session for the JEE Main 2020 exam was postponed twice, because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The April/ September session also saw fewer candidates register and appear for the JEE Main 2020 exam due to a variety of reasons, most of which have been linked to the difficult situation created by the pandemic.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) Toppers List (100 Percentile)
Below is the list of JEE Main 2020 toppers for the April/ September session:
|Name of the Candidates||State/Region|
|Chagari Koushal Reddy||Telangana|
|Deeti Yeshash Chandra||Telangana|
|Morreddigari Likith Reddy||Telangana|
|Rachapalle Shashank Anirudh||Telangana|
|Shiva Krishna Sagi||Telangana|
|Vadapalli Arvind Narasimha||Telangana|
|Landa Jitendra||Andhra Pradesh|
|Thadavarthi Vishnu Sri Sai Sankar||Andhra Pradesh|
|YSS Narasimha Naidu||Andhra Pradesh|
|Swayam Shashank Chube||Maharashtra|
|R Muhender Raj||Rajasthan|
JEE Main 2020 April/September Session Statistics
The table below shows the registration statistics for the April/ September session of the JEE Main 2020 exam:
|Paper||Number of Candidates Registered|
|Total No. of Students||8,58,273|
|B.Tech and B.Arch||53,520|
|B.Tech and B.Planning||5,580|
|B.Arch and B.Planning||2,777|
|B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning||35,973|
According to information released by the NTA, around 9.21 lakh candidates registered for the JEE Main 2020 exam January session, while 8.69 lakh candidates appeared for the exam.
For the April/ September session of the JEE Main 2020 exam, around 8.58 lakh candidates registered for the exam while only 6.35 lakh candidates actually appeared for the examination. The April/ September session saw only 74% of the total number of registered candidates appear for the exam.
|Session||No. of Students Registered||No. of Students Appeared|
|January 2020||9.21 Lacs||8.69 Lacs|
|April/September 2020||8.58 Lacs||6.35 Lacs|
As per the data released by the NTA, the first day of the JEE Main 2020 exam saw a low attendance level of 54.67%. However, the second and third days saw a rise in the attendance levels of the candidates at 81.08% and 82.14% respectively.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning) Results
The JEE Main 2020 Results for B.Arch and B.Planning will be released soon on the NTA’s official website; jeemain.nta.nic.in. The JEE Main 2020 results for the B.Arch and B.Planning papers are usually released a few days after the declaration of the B.E/B.Tech results. In the January session for the JEE Main 2020 exam, the B.E/B.Tech results were announced on January 17, 2020, while the B.Arch and B.Planning results were declared on January 23, 2020. The tentative date for the JEE Main 2020 Result for the B.Arch and B.Planning papers is September 17, 2020.
The results will be declared in the form of a scorecard which will also have the candidate’s All India Rank based on both attempts.
JEE Main Toppers List 2020 (January)
NTA has released the JEE Main 2020 Result for the Paper I. As per the notification there are a total of 9 candidates who secured 100 percentile score in the qualifying examination. The JEE Main 2020 Topper List is listed below:
|State Code of Eligibility||Topper's Name|
|Delhi NCT||Nishant Agarwal|
|Andhra Pradesh||Landa Jitendra|
|Andhra Pradesh||Thadavarthi Vishnu Sri Sai Sankar|
|Telangana||Chagari Koushal Kumar Reddy|
|Telangana||Rongala Arun Siddardha|
JEE Main 2019 Statistics
The JEE Main 2019 Statistics for both the sessions- January & April are:
|Session||Number of Candidates Registered||Number of Candidates Appeared|
JEE Main 2019 Toppers List and Marks
A total of 24 candidates secured 100/100 NTA Score or 100 percentile in JEE Main 2019 which was held in January & April Session. The JEE Main 2019 Topper List is listed below:
|Name of the Student||State||Percentile Score|
|Raj Aryan Agrawal||Maharashtra||100|
|Shubhanshu Prasad||Andaman And Nicobar Island||98.7250736|
|Dhruv Arora||Madhya Pradesh||100|
|Adelly Sai Kiran||Telangana||100|
|Vishwajeet Deshmukh||Dadra And Nagar Haveli||98.8751498|
|Ankit Kumar Jain||Jharkhand||99.9899608|
|Aman Yadav||Jammu and Kashmir||99.9789101|
|Gaurav P||Tamil Nadu||99.993561|
|Jaiprakash Suresh Gaurav||Goa||99.9872898|
|Himanshu Gaurav Singh||Uttar Pradesh||100|
|Prince Kumar Gupta||Arunachal Pradesh||98.8802243|
|Yindukuri Jayanth Phani Sai||Telangana||100|
|Ankit Kumar Misra||Maharashtra||100|
|Ashmit Singh||Daman & Diu||99.3978968|
|Bojja Chetan Reddy||Andhra Pradesh||100|
|Laishram Prince Singh||Manipur||97.5009989|
|Sarthak Gupta||Himachal Pradesh||99.8950807|
|Akash Jyoti Sahoo||Mizoram||94.521163|
|Pradipta Parag Bora||Assam||99.9963677|
|Abdul Javad Pa||Lakshadweep||88.3358227|
|Shaswata Dutta||West Bengal||99.9972491|
|Naman Gupta||Uttar Pradesh||100|
|Gupta Kartikey Chandresh||Maharashtra||100|
JEE Mains Topper 2019 AIR 1
The JEE Mains Topper 2019 AIR 1 was Shubham Srivastava. He appeared in both the sessions of the examination. For the January session, his score was 99.66 percentile. Later on, he appeared for the April session and secured All India Rank 1.
Who Is The Topper Of Jee Mains 2019?
The JEE Main 2019 TOPPER was Dhruv Arora. He secured 100 NTA Score (percentile) in the Paper I of JEE Main 2019 examination.
JEE Main 2019 Topper Marks
The marks secured by Dhruv Arora are:
JEE Main 2019 Topper Interview
Some of the points mentioned by Dhruv Arora in his interview are:
- He studied 6-7 hours per day and tried to study more but did not get enough time.
- He also stated his preparation strategy.
- To crack the JEE Main examination, he studied at Catalyser. He joined the two-year program of Catalyser. There he used to solve previous year sample papers and appeared for the mock tests as well.
- Dhruv talked about Class 12 Boards and JEE Main preparation. He said that the questions were based on NCERT syllabus only for both Class 12 Board Examination and JEE Main. So, he did not study separately for both the examinations.
- When asked about the difficulty level of the paper, Dhruv said:
- In the examination, he found that the chemistry questions were a bit tricky and tough to solve. He also stated that the chemistry paper has a lot of chemical equations compared to maths and physics.
- Dhruv also provided some preparation strategy for the future aspirants:
- He recommended attempting the maximum number of previous year question papers and, suggested that to prepare for any examination, the candidates must have full concentration as many things deviate us from the preparation.
JEE Main Jharkhand Topper 2019
Ankit Kumar Jain was the JEE Main Jharkhand Topper 2019. He secured an NTA Score (percentile) of 99.989968.
Downloading the JEE Main 2020 Score Card
Candidates can download the JEE Main Score Card by logging on to the official website and following the steps listed below.
- Visit - jeemain.nic.in
- Click on ‘JEE Main April/September 2020 NTA Score’ and you will be redirected to the application page
- Use your JEE Main application number and date of birth to log in and click submit
- The result will be displayed on the screen. Candidates must take a printout of the Scorecard for JEE main 2019 for future use.
The candidates who secured top marks in JEE Main studied 5-6 hours per day. They always practised from previous year sample papers and appeared for the mock tests as well. Some of them appeared in both the January & April session of JEE Main and secured an All India Rank 1. These people are the inspiration for the newcomers. The candidates who are willing to appear for the JEE Main examination must have this level of dedication towards the exam. Follow the strategies for the exam, as mentioned by the toppers. These are the key points that will be very helpful in cracking the JEE Main examination.