Have you taken your JEE Main exam and waiting for the counselling process to commence? Are you looking for other colleges/universities in the counselling options? Then you should consider registering for the seat allocation process conducted by the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB Full Form).
What is CSAB?
CSAB is a board that helps provide admissions in various technology institutes like IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), NITs (National Institute of Technology) and GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institute) based on the candidate’s JEE Main score. They provide counselling to candidates who want to pursue their undergraduate degrees in engineering, technology and architecture. CSAB conducts the counselling process for three divisions- CSAB NEUT (for North-Eastern states and Union Territories), CSAB UT (Union Territories) and CSAB SFTI (Self-Financed Technical Institutes).
CSAB NEUT 2021
CSAB NEUT conducts the admission process for the North-Eastern States and the Union territories which are Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu and Lakshadweep.
The CSAB 2021 participating universities for CSAB NEUT are as follows:
- School of Engineering & Technology, Mizoram University- Aizawl, Mizoram
- School of Engineering, Tezpur University- Tezpur, Assam
- Assam University- Assam
CSAB UT 2021
CSAB UT conducts the admission process for supernumerary seats of union territories like Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep & Khandvi, Andaman & Nicobar, Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
CSAB SFTI 2021
CSAB SFTI conducts the admission process for technical institutes that are self-financed.
There are 9 CSAB 2021 participating institutes for CSAB SFTI 2021. They are as follows:
- Amity University Noida and its branches in Raipur, Gwalior, Gurugram, Jaipur and Mumbai
- Galgotias University- Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Sister Nivedita University- Kolkata, West Bengal
- Dr M.G.R Educational and Research Institute- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Jagannath University- Jaipur, Rajasthan.
CSAB 2021 Special Round
Special or spot rounds are those rounds conducted to fill the vacant seats at technical institutes supported by CSAB 2021. So, if you do not get a seat via JOSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority), then you go for the CSAB special round.
To participate in the CSAB special round, there is an eligibility criterion that needs to be followed. The following candidates are eligible to go through the CSAB special round:
- Candidates should have a valid JEE Main 2021 rank.
- The candidates should meet the eligibility criteria of JoSAA 2021, which is securing an aggregate of 75% in their 12th boards.
- Candidates who were allotted through JoSAA 2021 but failed to confirm their admission or withdrew from their seats are eligible for CSAB 2021 special round.
CSAB 2021 Special Round Schedule
The Central Seat Allocation Board has announced the schedule for the CSAB Special Counselling Round for candidates who have attempted JEE Mains or JEE Advanced Exams. The schedule is as mentioned below, but the dates are subject to changes based on the circumstances at that given point in time.
|Display of vacancies after JoSAA Counselling Session||November 16, 2021|
|Registration, Payment of Processing Fee, Choice Filling - Start Date||November 17, 2021|
|Registration, Payment of Processing Fee, Choice Filling - End Date||November 19, 2021|
|Display of Seat Allotment - Round 1||November 20, 2021|
A) Exercising any one of the following options based
on the outcome of Special Round-I
/Document upload / Response by a candidate to query (if
The process listed in (A) above is mandatory for all
candidates who are allotted a seat in CSAB Special
The processes (A) & (B) both are mandatory only for those
candidates who are allotted a seat first time in CSAB
|November 20, 2021 - November 23, 2021|
|Last day to respond to the query (Special Round 1)||November 24, 2021|
|Display of Seat Allotment - Special Round 2||November 24, 2021 (8:00 PM)|
|Reporting at Allotted Institutes (In-Person or Online)||November 25, 2021 - November 30, 2021|
CSAB 2021 Registration
The candidates have to register themselves to get admissions through CSAB counselling. The process for CSAB registration is as follows:
- Visit the official website for CSAB 2021: csab.nic.in
- Click on the link for CSAB Counselling registration.
- The candidates can register on the website using their JEE application form number and password.
- Once they have registered, they can fill in the details and upload the documents required. The documents as are necessary for CSAB slot allotment are as follows:
- Academic records (10th and 12th marks sheet)
- Category Certificate
- PwD Certificate (If applicable)
- The candidates would have to select their choice of courses and colleges for admission based on their preference.
- Once the candidate chooses their preferred course and college, they would not be allowed to make any more changes so they should select their option carefully.
- The CSAB registration fee is Rs. 21000, which has to be paid online via SBI portal, this includes a processing fee of Rs.1500.
- CSAB fee refund: If the candidate wants a refund, they will get the amount back with a slight deduction of Rs 1500 or more.
CSAB 2021 Seat Allotment
After successful registration, there would be two rounds conducted by CSAB, Rounds 1 and 2. After the seats are filled in round 1, then they conduct CSAB round 2 which would be the final allotment of seats for the candidates.
Options accepted for CSAB Special round:
There are options provided to the candidates regarding the choice of programme concerning the slot allocation. They are as follows:
- Freeze-Candidates accept the seat which is offered and does not wish to move to the second round. Since their decision is final, the candidates will NOT be considered in Special Round-II.
- Slide-Candidates accept the seat which is offered, but if they find a programme with better choices within the same Institute, they will accept that particular choice. If they are not selected, they will choose the first option given to them. Such candidates will be considered in CSAB special round 2.
- Float-Candidates accept the seat which is offered, but if they find a programme with better choices in any Institute, they will accept that particular choice. If they are not selected, they will choose the first option given to them. Such candidates will be considered in CSAB special round 2.
- Surrender and participating in next round-Candidates reject the seat which is offered, and they wish to participate in the second round for better choices. Candidates accept the seat which is offered, but if they find a programme with better opportunities in any Institute, they will accept that particular choice. The candidate will have no claim over the seat allotted to them in the first round, and they have the chance of moving to the 2nd round.
- Surrender and not participating in next round-Candidates reject the seat which is offered and withdraw themselves from the counselling process. They can not move to round 2 of counselling, and they do not have to select the first slot as well.
About JoSAA 2021 Counselling
JoSAA or The Joint Seat Allocation Authority is a government body that was established (by the MHRD, Ministry of Human Resource Development) to conduct the counselling process for candidates who have taken part in JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams. This establishment manages the seat allocations of candidates from across the country into over 111 institutions in the country. Those candidates who qualify the JEE Mains and/or JEE Advanced will be allowed to participate in the JoSAA 2021 Counselling for various IITs, NITs, IIITs, GFTIs. The counselling process through CSAB will allow admissions into IIITs, NITs, and GFTIs only. The CSAB 2021 Special Round will begin only after the conclusion of the JoSAA Counselling Process.