CCMT is an online admission process with counselling for candidates to secure admission in NITs, IEST, IIITs and other related colleges. The CCMT full form is Centralized Counselling for MTech/ MArch/ MPlan. The entire process is now conducted online and is much easier than before. First, take a look at some of the important dates regarding CCMT 2020.
CCMT 2020 Dates
The dates mentioned below are for all the major activities during the registration process. The CCMT counselling dates, the last date for payment and lock dates are crucial. Make sure you go through the list before starting your registration.
|Online registration and fee payment||May 13, 2020 – June 15, 2020|
|Online Choice Locking||June 05, 2020 – June 15 2020|
|Automatic locking of saved choices||June 15 2020|
|Round 1 Seat Allotment||July 7, 2020|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee||July 7, 2020 - July 16, 2020|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||July 9, 2020 - July 18, 2020|
|Online Seat withdrawal and Online Willingness change for Round 1||July 20, 2020 – July 21, 2020|
|Round 2 Seat Allotment||July 28, 2020|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee||July 28, 2020 – August 4, 2020|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||July 29, 2020 – August 6, 2020|
|Online Seat withdrawal and Online Willingness change for Round 2||August 7, 2020 – August 8, 2020|
|Round 3 Seat Allotment||August 10, 2020|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee||August 10, 2020 – August 13, 2020|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||August 11, 2020 – August 16, 2020|
|Online admission in the Finally Allotted Institute||August 11, 2020 – August 18, 2020|
|Online Withdrawal from the Admitted Institute||August 15, 2020 – August 24, 2020|
CCMT Special Rounds 2020 Dates
The following dates are related to Special rounds which include the availability of vacant seats. Choice locking and seat allotment. Make sure you double-check the dates below and keep them in mind while registering. Remember to check back every day in case of date changes.
|Advertisement and availability of Vacant Seats||August 19, 2020|
|Online registration, Payment of Registration FeeSpecial Round Participation FeeOnline Choice Filling||August 20, 2020 - August 25, 2020|
|Online Choice Locking||August 23, 2020 - August 25, 2020|
|Automatic Locking of Saved Choices||August 25, 2020|
|Publication of Special Round -1 Seat Allotment||August 28, 2020|
|Document uploading and specifying Willingness||August 28, 2020 - August 30, 2020|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||August 29, 2020 - September 1, 2020|
|Online Change of Willingness/Withdrawal||September 3, 2020 - September 4, 2020|
|Publication of Special Round - 2 Seat Allotment||September 7, 2020|
|Online Document uploading||September 7, 2020 - September 13, 2020|
|Physical Reporting and Document verification at Allotted Institute||September 8, 2020 - September 14, 2020|
CCMT 2020 Login
Registration is the first step in the CCMT registration process. The registration process will entail a candidate by creating a CCMT Login ID and a password. The CCMT login portal is where candidates can complete their registration process, fill in details regarding their choice of seat and associated college, lock their choices, check their seat allotment result, and other activities related to the counselling process.
Steps to create a CCMT Login ID
Candidates should follow the steps mentioned below, to create a CCMT login ID and an associated password:
- Visit the official CCMT website; ccmt.nic.in
- Click on the link for registration
- Enter all details related to the name of the candidate, year of appearing for the GATE exam, registration ID, marks obtained in the GATE exam, etc.
- Submit all the registration details
- Once submitted, candidates will be able to set a password for their CCMT login ID
- Once the password has been set, a CCMT login ID will be created
Candidates must ensure that they keep the CCMT login credentials safe. Candidates will need their CCMT login credentials at every step of CCMT registration process.
CCMT Login 2020 Uses
With the help of the CCMT login credentials, candidates can:
- Check the application status for CCMT 2020
- Complete the choice filling for their respective course and institution
- Check their seat allotment in CCMT 2020
- Check their application status in the applied institutions
- Upload all the necessary documents for verification
- Pay the registration fees
CCMT Cutoff 2020
To view the CCMT cutoff, you can visit the CCMT website and enter the required details. The website provides information related to the maximum and minimum marks for enrolling in the desired college. Click here to check the CCMT Cutoff for 2020.
CCMT 2020 Registration Process
Candidates have to keep details such as their GATE credentials, degree qualifications and personal data ready while registering for CCMT. The entire process takes place online, on the CCMT website. The steps to register are mentioned below:
- Click on the link and visit the website for registration
- Read through all the details shown on the site
- Carefully fill in the details such as GATE, personal data, etc.
- Verify your email ID and mobile number using the OTP.
Once done, candidates can proceed to the choice locking section.
CCMT 2020 Registration Extension
The registration process had a technical issue that did not allow candidates to register on the last date, which was June 12, 2020. Due to this, the CCMT last date is now June 15, 2020.
CCMT Registration Fees
The table below has all the information for registration fees. You need to make sure the payment is completed and that you have a receipt for the payment done. Fees can be paid using Netbanking, Credit/ Debit cards or an E-challan from any SBI branch.
CCMT 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check below the type of fees they need to pay during CCMT. The fee structure must be paid before the given date (mentioned above.) Make sure you double-check the fee and category to which you belong. If applicable, make sure your category certificate is kept ready.
|A non-refundable fee collected for participating in the CCMT-2020 counselling process||INR 2500 for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC|
|INR 2000 for SC/ST/PwDSeat Acceptance|
|Allotted Institute's admission fee||INR 30000 for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC|
|INR 10000 for SC/ST/PwD|
|Special Round Registration Fee (Non-refundable)||INR 2500 for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC|
|INR 2000 for SC/ST/PwD|
|Institute fee upon reporting||INR 40000 for GEN/GEN EWS/OBC|
|INR 10000 for SC/ST/PWD category|
|Fee for NSR counselling||INR 42200 for OBC|
|INR 11700 for Reserved Category Candidates|
CCMT Documents Required For Registration
The list of documents below needs to be scanned and uploaded by candidates for verification. Make sure you keep all these documents ready before starting the process. It will make it more convenient and more accessible while you run through the application process:
- Date of Birth Proof. (Certificate or Class 10 Mark Sheet)
- Photograph - ID Proof
- 12 Grade Marks Sheet
- Qualifying exam marks sheet (All semesters)
- Degree or Provisional certificate
- Gate scorecard (2018/2019/2020)
- Category Certificate - SC/ST/OBC (In case of OBC-NCL/ EWS certificates, the candidates must be issued on or after April 1, 2020.
- PWD certificate (If applicable)
Note: The certificates must be in English or Hindi. If they are not, they must be translated and duly certified by the principal or director of a competent authority of the graduating institution. This is mandatory for verifying documents.
CCMT Registration For 2020
CCMT counselling and registration is mainly three stages. The process is easy, but your need to be careful when filling out the form. Take a look a the steps below:
Stage 1: Registration and locking your choice
First, you need to register online for the counselling and also pay the fee for registration. Once done, the candidates can make their choice for which program and which institution they want to enrol. The registration form must be printed out if it contains the candidate's preferences. Each candidate must sign their form and submit the same while reporting physically.
Stage 2: The second stage takes place in 5 parts. They are as follows:
- Seat Allotment - Based on seat availability, candidates can enrol in the college of their choice.
- Acceptance fee deposit - Once the seat has been chosen, the candidates must physically report and provide proof of payment for the seat.
- All required documents such as the allotment letter must be provided in person. Other required documents must be uploaded online.
- Online document verification takes place accordingly, once the documents are uploaded.
Lastly, the candidates can have three options based on their college -
- Floating - Here, candidates can participate in the CCMT 2nd round allotment to improve their chances in a different college.
- Slide - Candidates can take part in the second round to improve their chances of securing a varied choice within the same Institute.
- Freeze - if a candidate is satisfied with the choice and college, they can lock in their seat.
Once the process is completed there is an online verification process for documents by the allotted Institute. After completion, an ODCV, or online document verification certificate is generated. Candidates can produce the same and sign a copy while reporting physically at the Institute.
Stage 3: The Admission Process
- Once the balance payment is made, the candidate can confirm his seat.
- Lastly, the candidate must report physically at the institution immediately after the special round 2.
What is NSR Round in CCMT?
The National Spot Round or NSR counselling round applies to the following candidates:
- Those who have not applied for the first three rounds.
- Those who have taken a withdrawal
- Candidates who have not reported to the designated centre
- Candidates with cancelled seats which were allotted.
The Fee for NSR counselling is INR 42200 for OBC and INR 11700 for Reserved Category Candidates.
For any registration assistance or at any step of the process, use the information below to contact the CCMT Helpdesk.
|Mobile Number||Email ID||Website|
|+919166167199/ 0141-2715082||[email protected], [email protected]||ccmt.nic.in|
Contact the Helpdesk on mobile during the working hours (Timing: 10:00 AM – 05:30 PM) [Monday to Saturday], for immediate assistance.