Eligibility Criteria for AIPGMEE 2017:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen in order to meet the eligibility criteria.
- In order to meet the eligibility criteria, the candidate must hold an M.B.B.S degree from a recognized medical college or a foreign medical degree.
- Candidates who have studied/passed MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir and Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh are not eligible for 50% All India Quota. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir to the Deputy Director Examinations) National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029 along with the print out of the acknowledgement of submission of online application for AIPGMEE 2017 latest by 2nd November 2016. (Copy of the affidavit is annexed at Annexure-A).The interested candidates from these states who want to apply for MD/MS/Diploma at AFMS Institutions are advised to read Chapter 9A.
- The candidates who have obtained MBBS degree from the Medical Colleges which are not recognized by Medical Council of India shall not be eligible for this exam.
However, a candidate who, after passing the final qualifying examination (MBBS or the foreign medical degree recognized by MCI), is undergoing 12-month compulsory rotating internship/practical training and is likely to complete the same by 31st March, 2017 can take up this examination, but he/she shall not be eligible for admission unless he/she has completed the compulsory rotating internship and obtained full registration on or before 31st March, 2017 or the candidate produces a certificate from the head of Institution that he/she will be completing internship by 31st March, 2017.
- No request for relaxation of Compulsory Rotating Internship shall be accepted.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date in the online application system shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of admission in allotted College.
- The cut-off dates for the recognition of the Medical Colleges from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2017 will be 31st October, 2016. The Colleges recognized after this date will not be considered.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling and admission in allotted College.
- Some of the Universities are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard.
- A candidate is eligible to register and appear for AIPGMEE -2016 only once for admission to the academic year 2016-2017.