What to do After Graduation?
Graduation is the successful completion of a course of study at a university or college, for which a student receives a degree. On completing graduation, what to do after graduation in India?
Is the essential thing that keeps a student in a dilemma figuring out the next move, let's check out what to do after graduation?
A student is presented with the following choices:-
- Pursue higher studies
- Self Employed
The majority of students look for placements or jobs on completing their graduation program. At this point, improving, working on curriculum vitae, and preparing for interviews becomes very important.
The career you choose after graduation will pave the way to a better professional future. Hence it is essential to make the right decision after considering factors like interest, passion, aptitude, and skills.
Another important step before taking a job is to analyze, observe, and figure out one's core area of interest. It can be achieved by examining the experience gained during college times, strengths, skills, and self-judging our inherent capabilities that will rightfully help students to make the right career decisions.
Students who have a real desire to study their course in-depth further than pursuing post-graduation is the answer!
Brighter Side of Pursuing Master's Program:
- It allows students to enter employment with additional skills and knowledge bringing higher job satisfaction
- An opportunity to connect with people
- Will help students develop research, critical thinking, communication, and public speaking skills.
Given below are master degree programs for different streams:
Here's a list of what to do after graduation in arts/science/commerce
- A student on completing graduation in the field of commerce can choose to pursue an M.com, i.e., Master of Commerce or MBA, i.e., Master of Business Administration.
- A student studying B.E can either pursue an M.tech, i.e., Master of Technology or MBA, to get employed for key managerial positions.
- Holders of a degree in MBBS can further pursue M.D., i.e., the doctrine of medicine in various fields like pediatrics, skin, orthopedics, etc.
- Bachelor of Science students can choose to get an M.Sc, i.e., Master of science.
- Postgraduate degree for arts stream is MA, i.e., Master of arts. Significant specializations include English, education, history, economics, Fine Arts, Psychology, Philosophy, Geography, Hindi, Maths, Anthropology, Gender Studies, Political Science, etc.
Students with a great idea in mind and who wish to put their entrepreneurial skills into testing can set up their business models.
The advantage of being your boss gives you the flexibility, independence, and autonomy to make your decisions, freedom to work on projects of one's liking, allows building a portfolio of activities funded by different sources and recognition for creation.
Before venturing out to be an entrepreneur, it's imperative to understand the vast responsibilities that come with being one.
As the owner of a business, one has to juggle several tasks: providing a service, marketing the business, financial staff management, handling customers' grievances, etc.
Ten skills you need to have an entrepreneur:
- Strategic thinking
- Time management
- People management
If still confused on what to do, working for an internship gives a student first-hand exposure to working in the real world. It also allows candidates to harness the skill, knowledge, and theoretical practice they learned in college.
Internships are beneficial because they help develop the professional aptitude, strengthen personal character, and provide a greater door to opportunity. By investing in internships, a student will be presented with a broad spectrum of opportunities.
Whatever path a student chooses after graduation, it's essential to work hard to reach the stairs of success. To grow in one's career, gaining knowledge is vital as it shapes our personality and perfects our behavior with people.